New Jersey governor Chris Christie suns self on beach he closed to the public

I’m starting up a pool to predict when legislating will be introduced banning drone in New Jersey. I have July 5th.

13 Likes

-10pts for fat-shaming, +1000pts for plausible deniability.

10 Likes

“What he meant is that he didn’t get any sunstroke today, obviously.” - Christie spokesperson.

7 Likes

Thanks for reminding me of why I left the shit hole of a State 40 years ago.

2 Likes

Well. . . I gotta say, that changes things (a little.) You can’t blame him for using the mansion he is supposed to use, but it still looks crass and corrupt that he gets to use a beach closed to the public, which he himself could have directed stay open on a big holiday.

7 Likes

This was from a small plane hired by the librul media. No drones were involved in the making of this debacle.

Christie, what an asshole.

26 Likes

Radical self acceptance and radical othering have both been around a long long time; humility among the powerful is still relatively new to the game.

Not the official Governor’s mansion called Drumthwacket, which is in Princeton near Trenton. This is the Governor’s summer house at Island State park. Technically, he is allowed to call it a “residence” and use it whenever he wants but there’s no denying the optics of closing the park to everyone else while he relaxes on the beach with his family (not to mention taking the state helicopter back and forth to Trenton for a press conference).

Of course he doesn’t give a shit. His perfectly asshole response was “Run for governor, and you can have a residence there.”

25 Likes

Ah yes, because as facist-wannabe gribwabblers like Christie are always trying to convince us, all social justice is just a thin veneer hiding seething jealousy.

4 Likes

28 Likes

Typical republican. I am Governor. I count. You don’t. Now get over it. Disgusting!

Trump supporters think he will kick out immigrants and re-establish the patriarchy. They think he will get rid of Obamacare, which, ironically, will hurt most of his supporters. Under Obamacare, my previously unaffordable premium is now down to $85/month. My auto insurance is down to $25/month (from Insurance Panda). My homeowners is $25/month too. Under Trump, expect inflation and massive price increases across the board.

This ship is sinking faster than Trump’s approval rating. Trump’s coverup is getting tinier than his hands too. All these blind Trump supporters wanna do is complain about the media. Please, I’ve seen kids that whine less.

10 Likes

3 Likes

Needs more guillotine.

1 Like

I guess for democracy to work we have to be elected to office, rather than expect that those we elect act in the public’s best interest.

Perfect political answer that will appeal to his base (whatever is left of it), and piss off those who don’t like him anyway. Maybe he thinks this is his last term anyway, so screw it.

If life’s a beach then Christie is a son of a beach.

7 Likes

Here in Delaware, you’ll hear people occasionally say “thank god for Jersey, Pennsylvania and Maryland. If it wasn’t for them, our state government would look incredibly corrupt”.

2 Likes

With about six months to go before he is term-limited out of office, his approval rating is a dismal 15 percent, according to a Quinnipiac University poll a couple weeks back.

9 Likes

Mmmm, but that 15% tho…you can really sell those motherfuckers some snake oil but nice, and without wasting a single ad dollar on the rest of the nonbelievers.

3 Likes

At this point I’m actually having a hard time telling Christie and Ford apart.

I mean, I know Ford is dead, but that seems like a minor difference, given CC’s lame-duckiness.

2 Likes