New Jersey governor Chris Christie suns self on beach he closed to the public

Enjoy! Make sure you take a day to go into Savannah.

3 Likes

18 Likes

Man, he gets around for a fella that can’t get up off his damned ass.

7 Likes

He could have just gone the route Sen John Kyl (R-AZ) went, when confronted with fact that abortions comprise 3% of what Planned Parenthood does, and not the “90%” that he claimed: It “was not intended to be a factual statement.”

8 Likes

The story just went to a whole new level. Everybody else in the neighborhood were kicked out of their houses by the police while Christie vacationed.

12 Likes

Yes!

No word yet on how many people died on the Jersey beaches yesterday. I agree with you about taking responsibility for one’s own safety - as previously mentioned, I pull my own family out of the surf, I don’t need or use lifeguards, publicly maintained toilets, or any of the other things that New Jersey funds for beachgoers. But others do not agree with us, and want those services paid for.

Anyway, the point of closing the beaches was apparently to make the population aware of Christie’s spat with Vincent Prieto, who is perhaps owned by different mobsters and brown energy moguls than Christie. The cost of the armed force Christie stationed to keep the people out probably wasn’t any less than the cost of lifeguards.

Closing the beaches was intended to be offensive, that’s the whole point.

But Christie’s plan backfired when he was caught on camera behaving in the way he always does… now the public rage and outcry he wanted to have directed at Prieto (and Insurance exec Bob Marino) has ended up directed at the Governor’s office.

In the end Christie somehow got what he wanted, though. I wonder how that happened…

9 Likes

What a piece of shit. Makes the whole “BridgeGate” conspiracy a lot easier to believe now and harder for Christie to legitimately deny knowledge or participation.

7 Likes

15 Likes

18 Likes

17 Likes

You don’t. Until you do.

7 Likes

“Push him back in the water. He’s dying!”

1 Like

1 Like

Sure, fair enough. I don’t particularly care if I die in the sea - death being inevitable and all, it seems like a good enough place - but I do hope my children will long outlive me.

All I was saying was that I prefer beaches without state lifeguards, and would rather teach my children to survive in the surf, as I myself was taught by my father and grandfather. I understand that neither system makes anyone invulnerable, but I still prefer the cheaper, more robust tradition my family uses.

EDIT: there actually are Jersey beaches without lifeguards, I have just discovered. Perhaps I will visit one someday!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.