New Jersey gym is giving free memberships to people who don't get a Covid vaccine

Originally published at: New Jersey gym is giving free memberships to people who don't get a Covid vaccine | Boing Boing

11 Likes

I would like to help this man with his cardio workout.

15 Likes

New Jersey gym is giving free memberships to people who don’t get a Covid vaccine

As if I needed more evidence of why I left New Jersey in 1976. Holy f#ck!

P.S. New Jersey’s greatest export is human beings.

39 Likes

New Jersey gym perpetrating bioterrorism.

26 Likes

So, if the memberships are free, then I’ll take one, and never go. . . .

I’m sure there’s some fine print, it’s free for a month or two, then you get charged. No way this guy is giving away anything without benefiting himself somewhere down the line.

[edited to add: I would still get the vaccine, and anyway how would he know whether I got it or not?]

33 Likes

He got his gym national media attention. That’s probably considered a plus right there.

13 Likes

Um, how are you going to prove a negative? Just tell them you didn’t get it, it’s not like they can ask to see your non-vaccination card. Boom free gym membership.

32 Likes

Do you get free training sessions if you exercise naked and lick all the dumbbells after you use them?

15 Likes

Get enough people to do this who want a gym membership, then flood the place with non-paying customers, making the paying folks wait. He’ll take a bath financially.

9 Likes

Looks like the original tweet was taken down. I wonder what ever could have happened…

21 Likes

Where you can work out surrounded by plague worshipping Trumpies. I don’t think this is going to be a strategy to take him down.

26 Likes

A good strategy might be to just let his gym become a superspreader location for the unvaccinated.

7 Likes

Regrettable and irresponsible, yes, but… I do pessimistically appreciate the aggregators of humans and material objects, collection sites drawing some folks like a magnet, places where I can mentally draw bright-line circle around and be sure to skip it all: shopping malls (already pretty doomed these days), certain gyms that do this kind of thing, gun and/or knife shows, franchise “restaurants,” etc.

I don’t endorse any part of this guy’s marketing campaign. I understand that any takers on this gym’s ghoulish offer would be a health risk as [a]symptomatic carriers, community spreaders, etc. of COVID in all its variants.

ETA: fkn grammar

4 Likes

I’m stupefied that those words could come from someone who killed a young person while drunk driving. If anything should cause someone to reflect on what it means to be responsible, it’s that.

19 Likes

How many complaints will the board of health get against this gym before he either 1) loses his business license, 2) gets shut down by the board of health, 3) changes his mind, or 4) gets sued by someone who gets COVID that they claim they got from the gym?

2 Likes

Yes, let’s just kill all the people who can’t be vaccinated… after all, it’s worth it if we take down people we don’t like. And anyway, they’ve got other health conditions, so are a drain on society and an acceptable sacrifice.

Oh, and why be concerned about incubating variants that the current vaccine isn’t effective against? It’s not like that has ever happened in the history of infectious diseases.
For those who don’t know me, that was sarcastic as fuck. I know Poe’s law makes it hard to tell… especially these days, so I understand if you might – not knowing who I am – mistakenly take those words at face value.

14 Likes

I dunno I mean I sort of support this. Maybe if I lived in the area it would mean the other gyms would be free of idiots as they all rush to his gym?

1 Like

imma go out on a limb here and suggest this dude has JRE on a loop in his bedroom

One morning in 2007, Atilis Gym co-owner Ian Smith drank between 10 to 12 beers

and apparently hasn’t stopped ever since.

2 Likes

If only the virus was courteous enough to remain within those circles.

18 Likes