New map of United States pot laws

The Wikimedia map is a little clearer frankly @burpchick, @stinkinbadgers.

I wonder if the packaging labeling laws are compatible between the Green (West) Coast States. Will California companies able to supply Nevada, Oregon and Washington?

3 Likes

Gee, you’re right! Maybe things aren’t that bleak after all.

1% less bleakness is still less bleak!

so it’s not none more bleak is what we’re saying here.

2 Likes

I voted for it in CA, but that stuff causes nausea for me… Then again, I’m also immune to opioids, so I’m assuming some alien DNA somewhere in my genome.

2 Likes

The important thing is that now you can go all the way from Mexico to Canada without losing your buzz.

4 Likes

yuck feah/yes!

Interstate commerce bumps up against Federal laws, so probably not. Also, I think that each state has rules that it must be grown at licensed facilities in the state.

You all left a whole lot of money on the table.

1 Like

It’s the same map.

I also went to the main site before I posted, which is how I figured out about the 3 states that were medical marijuana only. I was confused by the first map because I knew the distinctions between California (where I live) and Florida (where my Dad lives) and was wondering why they were the same color.

I did not, however, spend enough time on the main site to realize the map was interactive. And, yes, the info in the interactive part (which I just looked at) is helpful. However, I would argue that good, interactive graphics should not be misleading on their surface. Drilling down should provide additional information and details that are of value to readers who want to know more, not make up for misleading graphics or other flaws that are on the surface.

3 Likes

Up to $75 million, according to that liberal think tank “The Cato Institute”.

Yet my republican representative feels like there’s not enough unbiased proof that people aren’t dying in droves in Colorado.

In 14 months, my gas, grass, and tax money will all be driving 3.5 hours to Massachusetts once a month.

1 Like

Ohio is apparently light green because a few individual communities reduced penalties.

1 Like

Cato are a libertarian think tank - slight difference, there.

2 Likes

Oops, I forgot the /s.

My rep also ignored the other not-exactly-leftist Rand Corporation study that the State commissioned in favor of exaggerated propaganda.

3 Likes

But, um… stoned(?)

Sadly weed does not eliminate the desire to use ethnic slurs, nor doesn it reduce the desire to seek out authoritarian rightwing nationalists.

No, but it was really blue.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.