New Marist poll shows that RFK Jr. candidacy is actually hurting Donald Trump — and helping Biden

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/22/new-marist-poll-shows-that-rfk-jr-candidacy-is-actually-hurting-donald-trump-and-helping-biden.html

8 Likes

Hell Yeah Damages GIF

All the usual caveats about polls, of course…

25 Likes

Given the admission of some of his staff, how many polls like this before he pulls out?

10 Likes

Ha Ha Lol GIF by Pudgy Penguins

12 Likes

If he does, we’ll know there’s some truth to the rumors!

12 Likes

It seems to early to judge the election from polls at this time. Rachel Bitecofer was telling David Pakman that normal people, people not keeping up with politics and the election right now (unlike herself and David Pakman), really haven’t been thinking about the election right now.

Still, I find it encouraging that NBC News is saying something similar in their own poll. :smiley:

I also find it, I don’t know, “interesting?”, that Jill Stein and Cornel West are getting a few percentage points. There’s no libertarian candidate in the poll. (It looks like that candidate will be voted on at the end of May).

6 Likes

I really hope this is true. Reading an article that interviewed RFK supporters, it really seemed like it could go either way. There were self-described moderates and conservatives and even people claiming that they were “far left”… while also admitting they had previously voted for Trump. Just absolutely incoherent political chaos. That Trump approached him as a possible running mate makes me think it’s true, though. No way Trump’s people would float the idea if they remotely thought he could peel off more Biden votes.

4 Likes

That would explain the rumor that Trump offered RFKjr the VP slot: nail those votes back in place.

5 Likes

I guess it sort of makes sense, RFK and Trump are both getting support from the pool of people who are easily fooled.

2 Likes

RFK Jnr will pull out at the last minute, endorsing Tr*mp and urging his 10% of followers to shift their vote to him.

3 Likes

It’s baffling how some people say “yes, for the most powerful position in the country, if not the entire world, I want to hire someone with absolutely no relevant experience.”

9 Likes

My toes alternately curl and uncurl rapidly in joy.

3 Likes

Now imagining hecep as a Don Martin cartoon.

6 Likes

Except I am animated.

2 Likes

Preaching to the choir, but vote regardless of what the polls and news outlets say.

10 Likes

Yep. Make voting a habit. Municipal, State and Federal. Vote down-ballot. Paying attention to the chaos of the current Republican-led congress? You could help fix that. The Dems have a razor-thin margin in the senate. It was up to Georgia voters, a typically red state, considering the two Democratic candidates in the previous election to earn that slim margin. One third of the senate is up for re-election. You could really help there, too.

11 Likes

Imagine the shame of the entire Kennedy family if RFK Jr. helped issue in a Trump Dictatorship and the end of American Democracy.

5 Likes

While I hope the conservative billionaires funding this conspiracist lunatic end up shooting themselves in the foot, I wish he wasn’t running at all. It’s embarrassing, not only to his family but to a mature democracy.

5 Likes

Shame?

Many families have a “black sheep.” It usually ain’t no shame for the rest of the family.

And many members of that family got together recently to publicly support Biden. They’ve expressed where they stand, an action that would seem to counteract any shame felt by having a poisonous weirdo in the family.

7 Likes

My meaning is that they should have had a family-wide intervention back when he went whacko. I’m pretty sure they had an intervention when he was a heroin addict.

1 Like