New Oreo Thin is perfect for people who don't like Oreos that much

All people who don’t like Oreos please leave now. . .

They are just a worse version of the Bourbon.

1 Like

It’s quite interesting, you know, the number of biscuits that are named after revolutionaries. You’ve got your Garibaldi, of course, you’ve got your Bourbons, then of course you’ve got your Peek Frean’s Trotsky Assortment.

The revolutionary biscuits of Italy
rise up out of your box!
You’ve got nothing to lose but your wafers
Yum! Yum! Yum! Yum! Yum!

4 Likes

And if you do like Oreos but hate yourself:

7 Likes

Why the “hate yourself” part? Isn’t life too short to avoid all the yummy indulgence? Is the disapproval of the Diet Police worth not-ignoring?

1 Like

I’d forgotten the name “Icebox Cake”, but my mom used to make those when I was a kid (along with many other kinds of cake.) Chocolate wafer cookies, heavy whipped cream, coconut, yum! Thanks!

I grew up with Hydrox cookies rather than Oreo - mainly because they’d been the more common ones when my mom was a kid, so that’s what she’d buy, unlike my neighbors who bought them because they were kosher (I assume Oreos used lard in the filling back then, and are some kind of hydrogenated fat now?)

1 Like

I crave super-crisp and a fine uniform glaze of carmelization … hard sugar mist on an ammonia-baked lotus blossom.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t hate myself… until the stomach ache, from eating the whole package, kicked in. Been down that road many times. I can’t have them in the house, because my serving size is apparently all-of-them. Other sweets are fine, but Oreos bring me to a point of abandoning all self control. So maybe the thin ones are the way to go, they look disappointing.

1 Like

As an adult who both twists apart and dunks Oreo or Oreo-like things I take issue with… nothing, why should stupid marketing bother me. What? Kids aren’t going to like these adult cookies? Are they for pairing with hard liquor? Did they add cumin or capers?

Anyway, I found these a while back and haven’t looked back

Mega Stuff? Psht… I am still waiting for Oreo Just The Filling…

1 Like

Also known as: “have the munchies and eat a jar of cake frosting”. In my late-teens / early-20s I sometimes did this. Now that my metabolism has slowed a couple of decades, I can’t dissociate thinking about the act from all of the exercise I’d need to burn it off.

1 Like

The trend of More Money, Less Product continues.

1 Like

Slice it thinly and see if it improves.

Hydrox might be the worst food brand name I’ve ever heard. Sounds as appetizing as Clorox to me. Only, you know, less reminiscent of chlorine and more of hydrogen peroxide. Yum?

Ammonium Bicarbonate is an irritant to the skin, eyes and respiratory system. Short-term health effects may occur immediately or shortly after exposure to Ammonium Bicarbonate. Breathing Ammonium Bicarbonate can irritate the nose, throat and lungs causing coughing, wheezing and/or shortness of breath. Repeated exposure may cause bronchitis to develop with cough, and/or shortness of breath. Health effects can occur some time after exposure to Ammonium Bicarbonate and can last for months or years.
No exposure limits have been established for Ammonium Bicarbonate. This however, does not mean that this substance is not harmful. Safe work practices are recommended and should be followed at all times.
Where possible, operations should be enclosed and the use of local exhaust ventilation at the site of chemical release is recommended. If local exhaust ventilation or enclosure is not used, respirators are necessary. Wear protective work clothing. Change clothes and wash thoroughly immediately after exposure to Ammonium Bicarbonate.[6]
Ammonium Bicarbonate from China used to make “cookies” was found to be contaminated with melamine, and imports were banned in Malaysia following the 2008 Chinese milk scandal.

Yummy!

They’ve already reduced the amount of filling by nearly half of what it was 20 years ago. I guess the next step is to just spray a light mist of filling between the two wafers.

As we know, dosage. But the melamine thing is fucked up. I’m pretty sure around 2008 I got some cat food that was in the recall list due to melamine, but didn’t know until a vet visit later.

I ate hydrox growing up because it was kosher and oreos contained lard (at least that was what my parents told me). I was always jealous of the goys who had cookies that didn’t sound like medicine. When I was finally old enough to think for myself, I read the ingredients of oreos and found no lard. I never forgave my parents. Not only did they steal Christmas from me, but they also had to take my oreos!

2 Likes

How about just the biscuit (cookie) bits, leaving out the filling altogether? that stuff is nasty, but the ‘shell’ is great.
You listening Oreos?

Oh, so this.
If biscuit (cookie) manufacturers made small packs, I’d buy them a lot more often.
You listening manufacturers?

1 Like