New Oreo Thin is perfect for people who don't like Oreos that much

I remember being told, once, no idea if/how true, that Nabisco uses a particularly costly grade of cocoa in their Oreo wafers, that they’re a comparatively expensive fine quality cookie to produce; and thus, that the producers are perfectly happy to “stuf” every bit as much super-cheap hydrogenated veggie fat and corn syrup in between 'em as our slavering tastebuds and plump little tummies desire! The wafers are just pleasingly bitter sleds for the delivery of that sweet sticky-icky

So, this strikes me as maybe a bit of profit-margin padding, to reduce the necessary amount of cocoa per cookie.

1 Like

A lot of foods like tomatoes and cheese and meat change perceived flavor based on thickness. You might very well appreciate a few paper thin tomato slices on a sandwich, where they would add just enough flavor/contrast without being very tomatoy.

i like thin sliced sandwich meats and cheeses, but extra thick grilled cheese. fries taste better to me in wedges. i like thin bacon although i went through a thick bacon phase.

size matters. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d actually warn you against it. A homeopathically thinly sliced tomato might get you permanently addicted.

4 Likes

Should’ve called them something like “Oreo Executive” or “Oreo Ultra-Mobile X/4”, and put them in slick matt-black and metallic packaging with some kind of complex sliding drawer arrangement. Really hammered home that these are Serious Cookies for Serious People.

5 Likes

Oreo Note 4

1 Like

Worst. Biscuit. Ever.

I can only eat biscuits in quantities that are prime numbers.

2 Likes

I want to go on record by saying I would prefer the filling and not the cookie part. Or at least a higher ratio of oreo filling to oreo cookie (and the filling must be chocolate).

1 Like

I prefer two double stuffed with a slice of pate en croute and a schmear of dijon Mustard in between. It’s dinner and dessert!

1 Like

Peek Freans, damn it!

My dad introduced me to the buy-the-cheapest-creme-cookie-on-the-bottom-shelf idea and it’s stuck with me. Hydrox is good, and many other smaller producers make good stuff (although some make horrible stuff but I can never recall which ones until I buy a bag and try them). Even better, hit the local bakery and try not to buy the store.

I’ll eat someone else’s Oreos though, but I am a little miffed that I’ve been told of the newer, skinnier, crappier cookie by people who are not paid to do so by that cookie’s manufacturer. Or have Oreos entered the cultural lexicon to the kleenex degree?

1 Like

You and Calvin both

2 Likes

If I hate Oreos enough, will they try to sell me a bag full of nothing?

2 Likes

Thought: homeopathic Oreos for weight loss!

2 Likes

But… Solid formulations of homeopathic remedies are pure sugar! He needs homeopathic homeopathic oreos, otherwise @pjcamp would be eating a whole bottle of sugar pills for each cookie!

1 Like

So use water. :stuck_out_tongue: Anything can be either dissolved or dispersed.

1 Like

Lol, homeopathic hfcs… in other words, light corn syrup.

1 Like

A jar of water with a label promising and swearing up and down that there’s Oreo in there?

It’d sell.

4 Likes

Yeah but I only carry instant water, because it’s lighter to travel with.

3 Likes

3 Likes