New study: Legalizing weed increases sales of junk food

I think that this is one case where we don’t even need to caution about how “correlation does not equal causation.” Because in this case, it totally does!

1 Like

I was going to say something similar- getting hungry doesn’t necessarily make you crave junk food specifically, but junk food is what’s immediately available at any hour of the day with minimal effort or preparation. I got high last night and was perfectly happy eating dates, and probably would have been glad to munch on celery if I had any in my fridge.

3 Likes

This. Getting high doesn’t make me hungry but it does make every mouthful of food a sensual and textural joy. And the more complex the flavour (sweet/sour/salty and unami? w00t!) the better. On those occasions I get really, really stoned, the morning after is the time I really, really want pancakes with bacon and maple syrup for breakfast.

1 Like

You’ve obviously not heard of dehydrated water that campers use to save weight. 100 % less carry weight until it’s rehydrated :grin:

1 Like

It also leads to a decrease in alcohol, especially cheap beer and booze, and a decrease in opiate usage and deaths. Sounds like a win all-around

3 Likes

Oh, it ain’t the popcorn… it’s the salt, olive oil, and nutritional yeast I add to it that pumps up the calories…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.