New trailer for Solo: A Star Wars Story.... I have a bad feeling about this.

I didn’t love it, but I did enjoy it, pretty much for the reasons you outlined. Particularly reasons 6 & 7. Plus, as a grown-up, I found the Darth Vader part really scary; I felt for those poor guys!

3 Likes

Oh no doubt. It was an impressive scene, but down right scary as hell from the rebels POV.

3 Likes

I knew it! I almost @ you on my comment.

The dream of the 90’s is still alive, nation wide!

4 Likes

In other words, a Star Wars movie.

Ah, but from my perspective, it was mostly like playing the West End games RPG with some bad dice rolls, but with the players managing to pull off all the mission requirements in spite of dying. The film has problems, but they—and this is nice—weren’t dealbreakers.

Star Wars in general is like a spaceshippy 007 franchise: no 007 film makes any damned sense at all, but they keep being made because people will pay to see a little fantasy.

Will I see Solo? Yes. Based on this trailer. But keep in mind I’ve not even seen the Last Jedi movie yet (too busy, also movies are super expensive any more). But eventually!

3 Likes

Where’s @Papasan right now?

3 Likes

I am wearing a hat right now.

2 Likes

Hey, Docs are good for your feet.

7 Likes

Just in case you haven’t seen it yet: Hail Ceasar is brilliant.

4 Likes

Damn, I miss that show.

3 Likes

Personally, he may not be the most handsome dude, but Clint’s had a couple of iconic, or at least decent, roles in his career.

6 Likes

We’ll always have Paris Youtube.

1 Like

I know this guy was on the radar, and remain convinced he’s a better pick for young Han:

1 Like

Is it a hand-me-down hat some outlaw adventurer gave you when you were 13? And do you plan on wearing it every day until you’re in your mid-90s? If so I admire your dedication sir.

SIDE NOTE: How did Indiana Jones get his hat back after taking a submarine ride to Nazi Island? Did Captain Katanga FedEx it to him afterward or something?

4 Likes

Wearing doc martens right now? @Papasan, wish to confirm?

4 Likes

Ummmm aren’t you forgetting one?

13 Likes

I was hesitant. Iconic for sure, but not his best acting gig.

4 Likes

Roger That!

5 Likes

I am more on board after seeing this trailer than I was from the teaser, but still skeptical. I HOPE it turns out to be something I like.

I’m still really looking forward to there hopefully being a good Obi-Wan movie starring Ewan McGregor.

1 Like

That might be a tricky one to sing along to.

To be fair, he was like… 8 or something. Still, it’s an iconic role, for sure.

4 Likes