New video depicts life in post abortion-rights America

Originally published at: New video depicts life in post abortion-rights America | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Chilled me to my bones.

23 Likes

Welcome to Giliad.

12 Likes

This is not hyperbole. Americans don’t realise how quickly things can get that bad.

33 Likes

That was a powerful video.

12 Likes

Now we arm the cops with roadside pregnancy tests? It’s just a matter of time, amiright?

13 Likes

I think GOP will allow cops to rely on “gut feeling”.

17 Likes

First comment from the chief of the supreme court (roberts) on this issue: ‘We have to hunt down the source of this leak!’ Forever thus with the target of leaks/whistleblowers; don’t deny, explain, or even mitigate how the leak about their misbehavior characterizes them, but instead focus entirely on the leak itself. No better way to admit the “guilt” -sigh-

Really need to strive to add more justices to this sorry court. Nine is a (historically) arbitrary number for over a hundred years. Overdue for a nominally representative supreme court (at least to dilute the heads-up-medieval-butts junta)

20 Likes

We have seen this before…

We know what happens. Women die and children are abused.

28 Likes

choosing rapists over abortion rights

Ain’t that no shit.

This BS fills me with a white hot fury I have rarely experienced. I hate to think what I’d feel were I still of breeding age.

I had to run gauntlets of evil protestors before an abortion, when I went back for the re-check, and whenever I went to that clinic for a yearly exam.

My period was late when I lived near LA, and I visited a clinic for a pregnancy test. I was told the result was negative, but just knew that was BS. I said so during a ladies’ room discussion w/other “patients.” They were freaked - I mean, can U imagine a clinic’s deliberately lying about such a thing? I pointed out there are plenty of “problem pregnancy” centers, run by religious freaks who try their ahem damnedest to browbeat women into keeping their unwanted pregnancies.

When I went to Planned Parenthood for the termination (I just adore being right so often), nurses there told me that awful clinic did indeed lie to women, in the hopes they’d run out of time to abort!

My mother had an illegal abortion. He was a gynecologist who performed them in his home, because he felt its illegality was what was immoral.

A girlfriend told us about her “trip to New York,” when abortion was still illegal in Michigan. Many women at that time took “trips to New York,” couched as shopping expeditions, if they could afford it.

None of us endured these things only to allow the next generations to experience the same or worse! Women’s Lives Matter, and we need to have a massive strike a la Iceland, to prove to these evil old men that women are not to be trifled with!

32 Likes

What you went through sounds horrible. No one should have to endure that.

11 Likes

Well, I did. Somehow.

I fear for the women and girls who aren’t so tough, and those who will die b/c butchers - especially those butchers on the supreme court.

Joe Biden says he’s “not prepared” to do away with the filibuster, just so we can have laws protecting women’s bodies and lives.

Fuck you, Joe.

22 Likes

Abortion-sniffing dogs. /s

6 Likes

With the amount of times cops have preformed roadside “cavity searches” I’m sure they’ll all be very pleased.

2 Likes

Well, that image almost made me vomit; which I feel is the correct response.

@ddmone Ulp, and that too :face_vomiting:

5 Likes

Exactly. They can test any women entering the states in question, and if they come up not pregnant, that can only mean they have just had an abortion and must arrested on charges of first degree murder.

3 Likes

I predict that United, American and Southwest.will be the first airlines to require pregnancy tests for tickets.

Yep. Joe isn’t getting elected again by doing nothing absolutely nothing on this issue.

5 Likes

…and the other party’s offerings may be welcome to the devil, we do not see them as nearly suitable offerings for the highest office.

2 Likes
5 Likes

I love her…

4 Likes