New York Times: Brett Kavanaugh thrusting his penis in a woman's face "may seem like harmless fun"

Makes it pretty easy to guess what activity the author of the tweet likely engaged in in college.

4 Likes

And in fact, it seems that when (that type of) cis-hetero-men are presented with any scenario in which previously (when it involved them doing that same action to a woman) they claimed they it was just too hard to know if they’d gotten consent…when it’s a man doing it to THEM, magically, they all of a sudden understand the concept of consent in great depth and detail.

18 Likes

Can we stop pretending that the NYTimes is the “preeminent place for America’s leading thinkers” yet?

Cause let’s be real, it’s always just been an insular tool for gatekeeping the masses away from the crusty old white dudes that whatever Admin. holds they keys to power thinks is “smart” (i.e. lined their pockets enough during the campaign).

4 Likes

Their journalism isn’t the problem. With a few glaring exceptions (i.e. Judith Miller allowing herself to be used as a tool of the Cheney administration during the run-up to the Iraq war) the Times’ reputation as one of the world’s foremost journalistic organizations is well-earned. In fact much of what we know about Kavanaugh’s sexual misconduct is due to Times reporters Robin Pogrebin and Kate Kelly’s 10-month investigation into Kavanaugh’s life at prep school and Yale.

The problem is their opinion section, which regularly publishes pure garbage.

21 Likes
7 Likes

That probably happened.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that he and his fellow douchebro’s thrust their penis’s around more or less indiscriminately.

2 Likes

none of that matters, seriously!

you know what matters? him on tape recording as an actual judge, carefully inquiring how to keep a prenant teen seeking termination from getting her right to that by delaying her paperwork and process as long as possible until it would be past the time allowed

it’s vicious, cruel and not proper judicial behavior, it’s a literal recording that could have been played back before the entire country in front of congress but for some insane reason, no-one did it

14 Likes

Of course it matters. It’s just not the only part of Kavanaugh’s history that matters.

11 Likes

It’s the politicians who react with apathy, not the media or the public.

1 Like

Rich privileged boys will be rich privileged boys.

Brett is paying huge dividends for the TGOP / Nazis / etc…

3 Likes

Plus whoever it was who paid off all his debts. (There is probably some overlap there…)

EDIT: And now the NYT has deleted the tweet and apologized. A brief but actual “we screwed up” apology, even, not the usual “we’re sorry if you’re offended” route. They must be really getting hammered over this.

6 Likes

Maybe they’d care more if Brett Kavanaugh called someone a bedbug.

12 Likes

Do college kids need a babysitter?

1 Like

I’m not sure who said it, but - “if men could get pregnant, you’d be able to get an abortion at an ATM machine.”

7 Likes

(To Brett Kavanaugh’s friends and some NYT Opinion wriiters), thrusting (his your my) penis into an (unwilling) woman’s face might seem like “harmless fun.”
whose penis wrote this garbage?

9 Likes

Maybe that sentence makes thematic sense within the confines of the book, and doesn’t read with quite the same level of snark in a standalone op ed.

The reviewer writes

“. But I couldn’t help reading a lot into the title. On my own copy I idly scribbled “Mis” before the “Education,” since it’s clear that academic enrichment is not what the authors have in mind.”

The book is embargoed, so it’s mere speculation on my part

2 Likes

Everybody needs to get off Twitter.

1 Like

Only if they’re future Supreme Court Justices.

Or is that a warden?

4 Likes