New York Times outs Tucker Carlson as regular anonymous source for media he "hates"

I would suggest he change his name to “F*cker Carlson”.

1 Like

Thank you for this, I see what you mean. If this is an insurance policy, it seems to me that the shoe that’s coming down is going to be heavy.

After reading Ben Smith’s piece, I think it’s a fair question whether Carlson’s info was worth much in the end.

DC reporters are generally shallow, they spend a huge amount of time collecting but never using gossip, and I think it’s fair to ask whether it’s just dawning on them that Carlson has nothing to offer.

The stories of him spiking negative coverage may be an indication that the costs of playing ball with him have finally been tallied up now that Trump is on the sidelines, and they aren’t seeing much of a payoff.

I think it’s pretty damning that reporters thought there was much value to him in the first place – I doubt he provided 1% of the value of Daniel Ellsberg or Mark Felt. There was a steady stream of self-aggrandizing leaks during the Trump years, but they almost always dealt with trivia and promoted a clearly false narrative of brave conservatives blocking the worst impulses of Trump, when in fact it was almost always disposable impulsive rants that they ignored.

The takeaway from all this may be that reporters who screwed up for years in taking Carlson seriously are now trying to make him look like a stooge to distract from their role in propping him up.

10 Likes

The “useful” portion of “useful idiot” has finally ended?

4 Likes

12 Likes

Seems like these “reporters” didn’t go after him like they did Glenn Beck is because Tucker is the right kind of person, went to the right kind of schools, and has the right kind of look. Simply wouldn’t be sporting, old boy.

Not like some weirdo from Utah who went to school, where, exactly?

5 Likes

Raising shields before doing a story on Tucker’s dinner with Gaetz?

That would be nice.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t it? Anything is possible.

1 Like

If I look at T Carlson’s shenanigans I see future president material. <ducks>

Kidding but not kidding :crazy_face: :face_vomiting:

That guy is quite high on my list of scariest people on the planet.

2 Likes

Ever a political optimist, I’ve decided that the FBI is getting ready for a big raid/arrest of Tuckkker. His sudden bashing of the FBI, his continual snottery and the scared look on his face make me believe that something’s getting ready to blow up.
I know “If ifs and but’s were candy and nuts, we’d all have a wonderful Christmas”.

2 Likes

Raiding and arresting a journalist would be a bad look for the FBI. Fortunately, Tucker Carlson is no journalist.

3 Likes

I don’t usually approve of throwing bags of cats in the river but in this case I’ll make an exception.

1 Like

fire bad

3 Likes

I think you’re attributing something to him that approximates a “conscience.”

There’s no need to make such a rash assumption. Carlson’s dealings with the mainstream press were obviously for self-preservation. If he were having drinks and socializing regularly with the side he demonizes, that would be one thing, but his interaction is purely transactional. He gains a discrete benefit for the information he divulges; whether he desires the affections of person he divulges to is an unknown.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.