New York Times outs Tucker Carlson as regular anonymous source for media he "hates"

Originally published at: New York Times outs Tucker Carlson as regular anonymous source for media he "hates" | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Finally, someone snatched off his wig in public!

Well, sort of.

31 Likes

I think the English language needs a new word. I propose that a tucker be the name for a disposable wipe used to clean up santorum.

30 Likes

That’s a Marmalard if I ever saw one.

27 Likes

Not that I want to be the one to make simplistic psychology diagnoses, but something about this strikes me like a desperate need for acceptance-- he gets to act like he’s part of some secret club with the people he claims to hate. “Wink wink, we’re still pals, right?”

16 Likes

If “jock itch” was a person.

33 Likes

Crypto-Quisling is the first thing that comes to mind, but that doesn’t have the visceral vomit inducing connotations I associate with this pile of dog poo cos-playing as a (terrible) human.

10 Likes

More like job security. He hands information to lots of people, he knows too much. It helps explain why the media doesn’t go after him more forcefully for his shenanigans. He’s leagues worse than Glen Beck, yet he’s survived.

25 Likes

Textbook opportunist.

10 Likes

“Tucker Carlson is a full of shit media whore!”. Never would have guessed that one in a million years. :roll_eyes:

20 Likes

Sounds Trumpian.

5 Likes

Hopefully this is the start of his downfall, but I doubt it.

6 Likes

The people this story talks about, the big-newspaper reporters and such who are chummy and quietly collusive with him, are the people who might accomplish that. But long as they fear him more than they fear everyone else, Tucker is their man.

16 Likes

Yeah, hoping this is a “that cats out of the bag” moment, but I’m not holding my breath.

3 Likes

As rage filled as he is, I am sure he has a lot more cats to be let out of the bag.

4 Likes

he reminds me of Prothero so much

6 Likes

Meh, Fox would just replace him with some other hypnotizing lie-spreader. The real problem is corporate-funded, unregulated political “news.”

19 Likes

He’s done better than survive. The scum has thrived.

3 Likes

I have to wonder why they’re burning him as a source. All of these people not saying what he said but that he said “something” to them, etc…

1 Like

Perhaps the ‘outing’ serves as a kind of insurance policy for the NYT: They get themselves out in front of any news leak before Tucker smells a rat and decides to again spread dangerous lies. (All the background discussions and activity from different news sources were bound to come out.) Also, the NYT may have finally grown a set of big hairy ones and decided that enough was enough, and that the outing would “allow” other media the breathing room to finally go after TC.

2 Likes