New York Times puzzled why neo-Nazi killed people

Originally published at: New York Times puzzled why neo-Nazi killed people | Boing Boing

9 Likes

49 Likes

Terrorist: I hate nine-tenths of the human race and I want to murder people in the name of white supremacy. Please see my numerous manifestos on my several websites.
NYT: His motives remain an enigma. (shrugs) I guess we’ll never know.

33 Likes

According to some of his forum posts, the killer had made several trips to the mall to case the joint and see when peak hours were.

NYT: "It is not clear whether this attack was planned or was the impulsive act of a man beset by economic anxiety ".

31 Likes

We need to rethink that whole “paper of record” designation.

They’re stenographers for arguments soft selling far right talking points for years.

Maybe go with an older paper. The Philly Inquirer. Less pretentious to boot.

29 Likes

Fuck the New York Times. They’ve been apologists for Nazis more often than not. This is who they are.

25 Likes

TMZ says the cops are similar-wise puzzled: Behold all the nazi tattoos the mass murderer had and… “[his] social media profile is reportedly chock full of hateful rants targeting women and minorities plus posts praising Adolf Hitler and neo-Nazis.” and yet we read: “The shooter was killed by a mall police officer and cops say the motive for the shooting is still unclear.” Why, it’s almost like one should expect more from a nazi…?? -sigh-

18 Likes

At least they are consistent.

14 Likes

Well, it’s true he had maxed out his credit card on guns and ammunition. /s

11 Likes

Fascist cops and the fascist-loving NYT aren’t sure why the Nazi killed people! Helpless shrug! Meanwhile, here’s a column by Pamela Paul explaining why everyone needs to continue to hate trans kids, drag queens, and Black people.

13 Likes

I lost faith in them when the whole charter vs. public school debate came out, and the NY Times came out firmly for charters. As if wealthy people who wanted to get into this charter school thing knew more about educating kids than experts who had been doing it their entire loves.

14 Likes

17 Likes

He’s just misunderstood, is all! :person_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

Read the article; ignore the headline.

2 Likes

I wonder how they were leading up to the Civil War?

4 Likes

Wow. Guess they don’t understand why a dog licks its cojones, either.

4 Likes

Mad Rainn Wilson GIF by T-Mobile

9 Likes

5 Likes

Well, I would if I could.

3 Likes

Nazism—Does what it says on the tin.

6 Likes