New York Times responds to Donald Trump's lawsuit threat: bring it on

Trump needs to be subjected to frequent, unwanted and aggressive sexual advances from people (gender unimportant) whom he finds repulsive. On TV. Oh, that would be a reality show to watch!

5 Likes

I like the idea of dropping a barrel of ink. Hmmm, now WHERE should the barrel of ink be dropped, in NYC?

7 Likes

Kudos to the NYT.

4 Likes

Some of the Cosby allegations are fifty years old, and they didn’t turn up until after a bunch of other women came forward. These women didn’t show up until after Trump’s comments were publicized, and people showed signs of believing the allegations.

Sexual assault victims not coming forward against powerful attackers until they think that they’ll be believed isn’t unusual; it’s the norm.

Citation, please?

27 Likes

I’m sure you could find something over on briebart or some other such reputable site, if you looked hard enough…

10 Likes

No thanks; the pants and shoes I’m wearing are too nice to ruin by wading through that much bullshit.

24 Likes

Nah, I think the NYT should stay classy in this matter. Maybe donate money to a charity working to prevent sexual assault or abuse, with the Note field on the donation check saying For Donald Trump, Because Donald Trump Won’t.

13 Likes

Oh and also. Welcome to boingboing! Enjoy your short astroturfing stay!

11 Likes

I’m sure Trump’s supporters will read this letter and take a deep, long look into their souls.

3 Likes

There’s only one thing the NYT has to worry about here: does Peter Thiel have a personal vendetta against the newspaper (the NYT being against his candidate is not enough)? If not, then the Times lawyers will roll over whatever cut-rate bullies this buffoon hires as his attorneys.

6 Likes

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE HANDS!

14 Likes
8 Likes

“Nothing in our article has had the slights effect…”

What is this “slights effect” of which you speak?

1 Like

Trump is one of those people of whom one has to wonder, does he have more suits in his closet or in his docket?

6 Likes

Is it wrong that I still hope for a mass suicide of Trump supporters?

9 Likes

Who would have thought this guy saw women in a terrible light?

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/donald-jtrump-poses-with-hooters-girls-at-the-donald-trumps-ultimate-picture-id76539954

You know . . . considering that the claims the NYT printed match the claims Trump himself made, perhaps his only ‘out’ here is to sue himself for libel as well as the Times.

9 Likes

Great picture. Almost as good as this one:

6 Likes

I’m not sure, but in either type of suit the craftsmanship is bound to be shoddy.

11 Likes

Well, here’s another log to throw onto that fire (this time from Buzzfeed who sat through many hours of watching Trump talking to Howard Stern)

8 Likes