New York Times responds to Donald Trump's lawsuit threat: bring it on

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/10/13/new-york-times-responds-to-don.html

14 Likes

Tomorrow’s headline please: “FUCK YOU DONALD! -NYT”

21 Likes

If nothing else this election cycle has proven that traditional print media organizations are still critical to our society even if the printed format itself is dead. TV news organizations sat on this story because they were afraid of getting sued while real journalists are finally stepping up.

60 Likes

Nah.

Just re-print the same article again, word-for-word.

16 Likes

…every 24 hours, but with names of new accusers added as appropriate. I think it’s up to at least five women now? This is going to look more and more like Cosby as time goes on.

35 Likes

What’s the type set equivalent of a mic drop?

26 Likes

15 Likes

“We welcome the opportunity to have the court set him straight.” Much more polite than Arkell v. Pressdram but still funny as hell.

16 Likes

Maybe…?

24 Likes

Or perhaps:

12 Likes

I think the latest tally is actually closer to 11.

7 Likes

In other words: the women are claiming Trump did exactly what he bragged about doing, so how can it be libel when he said it first and they are just backing up his braggadocio?

31 Likes

Maybe a real-time ticker on the NYT website then.

16 Likes

In the end, it can only be good for him that these women are coming forward to back up Trump’s claims about himself.*

• Trump 2016!
28 Likes

It’s amusing to see how outclassed (in several senses of the word) Trump’s legal team seems to be. If Nixon couldn’t scare them out of printing the Pentagon Papers, I don’t think that they’re going to cower in fear from Trump’s lawyers.

16 Likes

That would be:
-30-

7 Likes

…That would be the New York Post’s response. The NYT is going to say the same thing, but all tony and shit with big words and lawyers.

21 Likes

Trumpster Fire

20 Likes

Needs some gold plate.

9 Likes

All this brings to mind the saying that you should never get in an argument with someone who buys ink by the barrel.

I think the New York Times should stage an event dropping an actual barrel of ink.

20 Likes