New Yorkers come to Trump Tower in droves to spread their message: "New York hates you!" (video)

Originally published at: New Yorkers come to Trump Tower in droves to spread their message: "New York hates you!" (video) | Boing Boing

7 Likes

LOL we really do. Except for Staten Island.

12 Likes

Has any city ever had such vitriol for one of its native sons, especially one who went on to become POTUS?

I mean, history hasn’t exactly smiled upon Richard Nixon but if you go to Yorba Linda it’s obvious the city still prides itself on being his birthplace and childhood home.

12 Likes

While I agree with the sentiment, and applaud the chutzpah, this kind of thing could be used by the Orange Menace in court, so maybe NYC should lay off and let the courts just do their thing.

8 Likes

Was there a specific incident or significance to this date. It’s not necessarily easy to get people organized to protest on a given date and time. Is there some context to this?

3 Likes

it’s a big city with many potential jurors. the people need to be heard. and i hope the orange shitweasel heard them.

11 Likes

Any New Yorker over the past four decades who has a basic sense of decency inevitably grew to loathe this attention -seeking grifter.

14 Likes

The jury (and there will be one, don’t worry) will be instructed to not engage in media that features TFG. Imagine how hard a sell that’ll be. Sounds like a mandatory vacation.

16 Likes

You lovely people. I salute you all.

10 Likes

This brilliant tumblr post, originally from a now-inactive acc’t, is also the source for my fave nickname for tfg:

4 Likes

New Yorkers shouting a special greeting outside of Trump Tower. “New York hates you! New York hates you!”

Meh. The Brits did it better.

8 Likes

Finally we get to use our great proclivity for telling people to fuck off for good.

2 Likes

Seriously, why are we linking to Twitter?
Here: https://www.reddit.com/r/InterestingVideoClips/comments/12lr41f/people_in_front_of_trump_tower_chanting_new_york/

3 Likes

I miss NYC.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.