Next-level parenting: crocheting a freehand, glow-in-the-dark Alien Xenomorph kids' costume

Alien is a movie parents watch with small children now :confused:

3 Likes

That smile says somewhere between 10 and 12? I definitely was consuming every horror movie and novel I could get my hands on by age 11. Yay lack of supervision so many of us GenXers enjoyed!

5 Likes

Lesson: Enjoy being a kid while you can.

3 Likes

It depends on the age and maturity of the kid. My folks were careful with what I saw when. Dad talked about how he came home from work one day to find Mom and me crying over the original King Kong… he said I was two years old. Later it was Godzilla movies, then Hammer horror, whatever they felt I was ready for. (It worked for the most part, except for Blob movies, which gave me nightmares.) Eventually I got to decide what I was ready for, at around 10 or 12-- I actually put off watching Alien right away, but once I saw it, I loved it.

If parents explain, and children understand, that it’s just a movie with a guy running around in a rubber suit, then monster movies aren’t necessarily bad for them. But there were also movies I was familiar with as a child from ads or talk shows or whatever that I’ve still never seen, so there’s that possibility too. :wink:

4 Likes

And why not? Harry Knowles of Ain’t It Cool News watched The Texas Chainsaw Massacre at 5 y.o. and had dinner with Leatherface. He turned out…ok. Also, check out the original Grimm fairy tails. Definitely grim.

1 Like

jigsaw killer

2 Likes

That’s awesome, sweet, must have taken days of hard work and lots of talent, and that kid looks super happy. I am totally not bothered by the fact that the xenomorph has eyes. Nope. Not that much of a pedant jerk nerd, not me.

1 Like

Tricyclophobia explained.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.