Nikki Haley says Kamala Harris shouldn’t be President because she is Black

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/31/nikki-haley-says-kamala-harris-shouldnt-be-president-because-she-is-black.html

6 Likes

Pretty rich coming from someone plenty of racists would call black, if she hadn’t changed her name to distance herself from her heritage. If Kamala can’t be president because melanin, neither can Nikki.

27 Likes

She’s all over the place. The United States “is not racist” she says, while saying she faced bigotry “as a brown girl,” and now wants us to know we were divided by Obama’s blackness without explaining what that means in reality. It’s almost as though she doesn’t want to say the part she knows is true and is finding ways to say it without really saying it.

“You all know the United States is racist, right? Right?” - Nikki Haley if she had any guts

34 Likes

insane. so, repuplians (aka the tea party at that time) refused to play any sort of ball w/ obama, so that’s HIS fault, and he should have just kept playing the republian’s bait-n-switch game instead of resorting to executive orders…? and the “division” she talks about somehow wasn’t fully the fault of republians who have relentlessly pushed back on anyone other than white christian men getting ahead in this country?

15 Likes

I’d like to see the next part. Did they ask her why in the hell she was talking at length about Obama when she was asked about Kamala Harris?

15 Likes

Obama didn’t cause division.

His presidency just exposed the hatred already in the hearts of conservatives.

50 Likes

Trying sooo hard not to say the quiet part out loud. But failing.

15 Likes

I looked at this headline and then I listened to the clip and I didn’t hear this at all, dog whistle or otherwise. She doesn’t like identity politics and thinks it started with Obama (it didn’t, but whatever). And yeah, she’s a Republican so she blames it all on the Dems and Harris would be more of the same. That’s what I heard.

2 Likes

Watching it a couple times, it seems like she maybe only brings up Obama because a question was asked that referenced him, before the question about Harris? That she blames Obama, the guy who bent over backwards to reach out to ideological opponents, for the “division” that right-wingers were feeling (because they were creating it) is pretty fucking rich though.

15 Likes

There’s a reason she’s likening Harris to Obama instead of likening her to Biden. Because Biden is a straight white male, which is considered the “default.” Anyone else brings out “identity politics” just by virtue of their existence.

14 Likes

The question was “Why does a Harris Presidency send chills down your spine” and the answer was Obama? “Why Obama?” was “identity politics” that are somehow just as much his fault as white supremacists?

17 Likes

Snl Thats Racist GIF by Saturday Night Live

She is VERY much putting the blame on Obama for rise in white supremacy. You can only believe that he created MORE racism if your viewing his administration via a racist lens.

That.

23 Likes

Once again, this is the so-called “reasonable” Republican alternative to Biff.

9 Likes

I have a feeling that anti-Trump PACs (ex: Lincoln Project) will latch on to that and tune it for an ad specifically targeting racist voters. Fucking hardball.

4 Likes

are you quite sure?
i mean Lincoln Project is still republican. they won’t be that far removed from the racism that has permeated that party for decades.

9 Likes

Have you watched any of their many killer psy-ops level anti-Trump ads lately? They have demonstrated pro-democracy sentiments, and Nikki is not the Republican they want.

2 Likes

yes. yes i have watched.
i just don’t forget from where they come. it’s not like they have just - or ever will - be a “different” kind of republican.

8 Likes

Yes, I understand. If Al Gore parachuted in, I could see LP making lip-smacking noises.

2 Likes

Dog whistle? Yes.

Red flags. Big ones.

“Why did you make me do that?”

So… President Obama and/or the very idea of President Harris “makes” or creates divisions, like… all of a sudden?

Saoirse Ronan Bingo GIF by A24

12 Likes

what-is-wrong-with-you

What is wrong with you leave me alone _0cc99251ae84603f2d903c3103f8c021

she seems nice

FY Calligraphed

6 Likes