Nikki Haley turns on Trump: "We shouldn't have listened to him"

I guess the rumors were true and now he’s dumped her.

3 Likes

But when he was lying about our first Black President being born in Kenya, it was funny!

/s

11 Likes

“We shouldn’t have followed him” - But you did. That makes you one of the bad guys and should remove you from any consideration for any elected office.

9 Likes

And by extension, we shouldn’t listen to you, Nikki Haley. Then, now, or ever.

11 Likes

Me:

https://grammarist.com/idiom/a-day-late-and-a-dollar-short/

Also me:

ohwhatfresh

13 Likes

Ah Nikki Haley, that ship sailed darling…

12 Likes

Opportunist, or opportunistic?

1 Like

Horses and stable doors come to mind.

8 Likes

sooooo muuuuucchhhh buulllllshiitttttt nikkkkkki

5 Likes

How brave. Next up, predict yesterday’s weather.

8 Likes

“We”?
You chose that path, & doing so says a lot about your (lack of) judgement, character, & morals.
Yeah, he drained the Swamp… and turned it into a Sewer.
Good luck (not really) washing that stench from your soul…

4 Likes

< there are dozens of us arrested development.gif >

3 Likes

Once again a 100% self-serving distortion of reality that ends up also being a lie that props up Trump’s legacy as well. The fucking gaslighting we are all continually experiencing must be visible from Jupiter.

10 Likes

She’s just a lying sack of pandering opportunist

3 Likes

This.
Nikki didn’t say “I”
Nikki only says “we” which is the semantic loophole that Republicans are using to keeping the blood of the 6th off their individual hands.

4 Likes

And an idiot.

It’s impossible for Washington to have “overseen” the creation of the Constitution as president, since the Constitution is how he became president in the first place.

6 Likes

Mr. ROBERT MORRIS informed the members assembled that by the instruction & in behalf, of the deputation of Pena. he proposed George Washington Esqr. late Commander in chief for president of the Convention. [FN5] Mr. JNo. RUTLIDGE seconded the motion; expressing his confidence that the choice would be unanimous, and observing that the presence of Genl. Washington forbade any observations on the occasion which might otherwise be proper. General WASHINGTON was accordingly unanimously elected by ballot, and conducted to the Chair by Mr. R. Morris and Mr. Rutlidge; from which in a very emphatic manner he thanked the Convention for the honor they had conferred on him, reminded them of the novelty of the scene of business in which he was to act, lamented his want of better qualifications, and claimed the indulgence of the House towards the involuntary errors which his inexperience might occasion. [FN6][The nomination came with particular grace from Penna. as Docr. Franklin alone could have been thought of as a competitor. The Docr. was himself to have made the nomination of General Washington, but the state of the weather and of his health confined him to his house.]

James Madison, Notes on the Debates in the Federal Convention, May 14, 1787

3 Likes

As @jerwin points out, Washington did preside over the convention, so it’s actually one of the smarter things she said. One of the reasons why we appreciate Washington is that he did go all Cinncinatus, with the “aw shucks, I’m not really worthy” attitude.

We get all used to Republicans making groaners that we kinda expect it.

5 Likes

But he didn’t do that as president.

3 Likes

As Mr. Madison noted, Mr. Washington was President of the Convention.
That was his title.
Not to be confused with President of the United States of America.