Nikki Haley turns on Trump: "We shouldn't have listened to him"

Washington the creator of an unstoppable force is quite the take too honestly. Yes, the Americans beat the British, with only their wits, home terrain advantage, and significant help from the French. But is that really how you would describe the guy most famous for retreating across the Delaware?

2 Likes

Maybe you should tell Nikki Haley about that distinction. I’m pretty sure anyone using the phrase “as president” when referring to a former president means “as president of the United States” and not, say, president of the local knitting club unless they clarify further.

1 Like

As I saw it, she did not explicitly state which presidial office Mr. Washington was holding at the time, so it’s an assumption on our part.

I find it better to give people the benefit of doubt and not hold a grudge, sometimes to a fault. YMMV, of course.

I’m not inclined to give the benefit of the doubt to someone who is claiming that Trump hoodwinked them for four years.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.