Nikki Haley's horrid sweaters

Sorry, I’m covering both the fash and the fashion.

4 Likes

I guess that makes her a fascionista.

5 Likes

Y’all may be better than this, but we’re not, and never have been.

5 Likes

Fair play, Rob, im just honoured to be here! HAPPY NEW YEAR

1 Like

Her image is being carefully curated in the media and that is for sure. Kinda wishing Jezebel had gone under, frankly. I have low confidence in Paste.

Of course it’s only those dirty republicans who would discriminate against a woman based on their opinions of her fashion because of sexism though! :clown_face:

I’m sure she’s being styled professionally but also what on god’s earth is a middle aged woman with relatively low glam look in public view supposed to wear in winter when pantsuits are “woke?”

3 Likes

There’s a long and disturbing history of overlap between the two fields.

Coco Chanel, Cristobal Balenciaga, Louis Vuitton, Christian Dior, Hugo Boss and other big names in fashion were all turtleneck-deep in the world of 20th Century fascism.

Even Edna Mode fit the profile.

design-for-gods

5 Likes

Makes me wonder if said designers (and talented others in the field) had a direct hand in NAZI fashion.

Indiana University Scholar Works. Dressing the Reich: The Fear and Elegance in Nazi Uniforms

2 Likes

Absolutely. Hugo Boss in particular was responsible for the design and production of many German military uniforms.

4 Likes

The more I “scratch” at European history, the more I’m forced to sniff.

3 Likes

Especially as 2 of the 3 sweaters shown above are perfectly nice. (I’ll leave it as an exercise for the reader to figure out which one is the bad egg)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.