Nitrile and latex disposable gloves put to the test

Originally published at: Nitrile and latex disposable gloves put to the test | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Make sure to store your rubber gloves next to the duct-tape and rope in the trunk of your car. /s

4 Likes

More than twice expensive in Canada. Yay capitalism: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00306YGNI

It’s all about the mil size. Cheap gloves are usually only 3 or 4 mil while the more expensive ones are 6 to 8 mil. I never buy anything less than 6 mil and they usually hold up very well regardless of brand - although I do usually get the Raven. The other pro tip is to get orange or blue as black ones get really hot, really quickly when working in the sun.

doctor snap GIF by theblock

2 Likes

I use Microflex Midknight and they seem to work well for what I need them for. They are 4.7mil so they are more durable ones out there.

I’ve used many boxes of Venom gloves over the years, mostly for handling super-hot peppers (habanero and up). Reliable quality, no burning fingers! And this was before they introduced double-thickness gloves to my local big box.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.