Nixon predicts Donald Trump's election (1987)

He also amazingly posted identical letters to Mitt Romney, John McCain, Bob Dole, & Ross Perot.

1 Like

Are you disputing my claim that everybody will think “Richard Nixon”? When someone says “Reagan” or “Hitler”, do people think “you mean, little Ronnie/Adolf or big Ronnie/Adolf”?

1 Like

Pat was seeing a psychic! No, wait. That was Nancy . . .

2 Likes

I concur and, as we all have assuredly come to know, the ability to effectively parse minutiae in the face of slightly technically inaccurate presentation in a public forum as it relates to a mostly predictive semi-relevant political artifact is the soul of wit. Furthermore, I

3 Likes

Tricky Dick’s Revenge. And I thought Futurama was joking.

6 Likes

I think they mean Willy Hitler

3 Likes

You have a point.

Oh, the irony. Since you don’t appear to understand, the headline implies that Richard Nixon, a crook himself, predicted in 1987 that Donald Trump, another crook, would become president. Then everybody think, of course - it takes a crook to know a crook.

1 Like

Wait, do you actually think that the… you know what, nevermind.

1 Like

This quote has been endlessly floating around my brain meats since last November.

1 Like

Well, sometimes Karl was right.

1 Like

He was right about a good bit, I think (though certainly not about everything). He had a pretty keen insight into the problems of capitalism, at least.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.