No, Biden didn't have Trump's "Diet Coke" button removed from the Oval Office

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/27/no-biden-didnt-have-trumps-diet-coke-button-removed-from-the-oval-office.html

4 Likes

I like to think every time Biden presses it someone chucks a Diet Coke at Trump whether he wants one or not.

51 Likes

Paper cup with ice or in a can?

5 Likes

Should this be filed under “idiosyncratic things powerful people have you don’t need to know or care about?” What do we do with this information?

2 Likes

No, it should be filed under “something one of the editors of the site I’m reading found interesting and I can just scroll by if it doesn’t interest me.”

32 Likes

Depends on whether he’s wearing a business suit or his white golfing attire.

6 Likes

Can, hopefully launched from a tennis ball serving machine.

10 Likes

Masturbate to it?

18 Likes

My red button on my desk just screams out F@Ck in various iterations, but I like it, it’s effective, and a little F@Ck in your day is soothing.

11 Likes

Honestly it was hard to see there was an article buried in all of those pop adds.

2 Likes

Don’t think I could be aroused by anything that served Trump’s interests…

3 Likes

Trust me, this is relevant.

I assume it’s one of these:

17 Likes

The usher call button has been in use for decades, iirc. What was interesting about this story is that, per the anecdote, trump had it dedicated to calling for a Diet Coke. And used it in this weird charade of unlimited power.

12 Likes

27 Likes
3 Likes
9 Likes

Gonna take a wild guess here: to call an usher?

11 Likes

Cat and useless machine

16 Likes

You beat me to it. I would like to think it’s what they gave Trump to keep him preoccupied and it took a while before it stopped working.

5 Likes