No One is Illegal

4 Likes

I had done years and years of research at the closed stacks at the library at UC Berkeley, and I had come across prime Gestapo documents. It was an incredible experience to pick up something that was a Gestapo document stamped ‘For the Eyes of the Higher Police Only,’ which was the Gestapo, and I knew German well enough that I could read these things. This was not American propaganda about the Nazis, these were real Gestapo documents. There was one which was the diary of an SS man who was stationed in Poland, in Warsaw, and he’d even drawn pic­tures of Jews in the ghetto. He’d gone into the ghetto, the Jewish ghetto, and drawn pictures of what he described as these colorful people. That was in the late forties when I read that diary and I still remember the one line he had in there: ‘We are kept awake at night by the cries of starving children.’ I still remember that line, and that influenced me. I thought, there is amongst us something that is a bi­pedal humanoid, morphologically identical to the human being but which is not human. It is not human to complain in your diary that starving children are keeping you awake.

8 Likes

7 Likes

A bad joke about that was that Abbot was just bussing people to places with a functional power grid.

5 Likes

I recognize the quote from Philip K Dick. It was his research for Man in the High Castle and became the basis of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep.

5 Likes

Seriously, now: when is ICE arresting Abbott for human trafficking? Because that is what he and Desantis are doing.

rage GIF

12 Likes

time to send Deckard after the camp wardens?

3 Likes

Season 2 Nbc GIF by The Office

8 Likes

True. ICE would refuse, since they are fascists.

The FBI, OTOH

8 Likes

Yeah, right.

3 Likes
6 Likes
8 Likes

from

10 Likes
5 Likes

So what is stopping us from deporting Abbott and DeSantis? Because I’d like to remove that roadblock. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes
5 Likes
9 Likes
9 Likes

Season 2 Idea GIF by Portlandia

8 Likes

“smuggling” :unamused:

5 Likes