No one was injured by the pole dancers at this gender reveal party

I will never understand gender reveal parties, except in the context of a trans person officially coming out. I mean, I barely care even then, but expecting parents? Definitely not. Your kids are getting musical instruments if anything.

1 Like

One of the original gender reveal parties was a celebration that the mother had got far enough in her pregnancy to know the genitals of her child, after a series of miscarriages.

She regrets having started the trend, and her child is non-binary.

12 Likes

Kazoos or drums?

2 Likes

The question should be kazoos or swanee whistles!

Swanee-Kazoo[edit]

This is a musical game, and the game yielding by far the most bizarre sounds, thus making excellent radio. It is also inherently silly. As with most of the musical games, the panellists play in teams of two. One player is issued with a swanee whistle, and the other a kazoo. The kazoo is easy to play well, but the whistle takes some skill to produce a melody. Using these, they perform a well-known song as a duet.

The humour principally derives from the sound of the instruments. Both have a characteristically absurd timbre, and the juxtaposition of the two is quite incongruous. Furthermore, the swanee whistle is not usually considered a melody instrument, more usually being employed for special effects (such as the voices of the Clangers). Typically, the kazoo player can hold the tune, thus keeping the performance together, while the swanee whistle produces a deranged version, often only hitting the right note by accident. It is typical, therefore, for the swanee whistle player to take the bulk of the performance.

Possibly the most extensive use of the swanee whistle was the last in the summer 2006 series, where it was used almost exclusively to perform the melody for “Tequila”, the kazoo (played by Barry Cryer) being used to supply the “Tequila!”

‘Tequila’ is also in this video (at about 2.08) of a live show where the audience were invited to take part, for once - not usually a feature of the radio show. Very sadly, three of these five are no longer with us.

4 Likes

I can live with that.

Assigned Prior to Birth Gender Reveal Party?

3 Likes

Right?

But I guess Most Likely Genital Configuration, Subject To Change And Exercising Of Personal Autonomy To Their Sexuality And Gender Expression At A Later Date is quite hard to fit on a banner.

11 Likes

Same for me in Brave. Youtube/Twitter/Instagram embeds all have a link to the actual post but not Tiktok.

Would it be possible to include links to the original posts?

1 Like

The parties are also often very sexist.
Tutus or touchdowns
Beauty or beats
Boots or bows
Wheels or heels
Guns or glitter/roses/ruffles
Pistols or pearls

Yeah for heteronormative bullshit /s

Cat Movie GIF by The Secret Life Of Pets

10 Likes

That depends how much I like someone.

2 Likes

Wow. That … gives me a lot of feelings.

Noted!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.