Disastrous gender reveal turns into dark ascension

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/10/disastrous-gender-reveal-turns.html

1 Like

28 Likes

Hey, it’s almost like staging elaborate stunts to tell everyone what kind of genitals your new baby has is misguided and weird.

50 Likes

balloon != pinata

Loved the guy trying to jump the fence at the end.

15 Likes

Oh come on - What could be weird about a genital party?

13 Likes

And that’s why I always use a spiked bat against babies! err blacks! err revealed genitals! err balloons! I mean balloons!!

13 Likes

Thats a remarkably apt metaphor for how gender is used against people as we grow up.

16 Likes

Well, I mean…

19 Likes

I wasn’t expecting it to be so accurate regarding a person’s control over another person’s gender.

8 Likes

I’m still trying to figure out when revelation devolved into reveal.

1 Like

I wish this fad would just die out already.

21 Likes

I parsed this headline as “disastrous gender” reveal party, not disastrous “gender reveal” party.

I mean, who has a party to celebrate that their baby will be a boy?

#SorryNotSorry

15 Likes

If you’re doing it right, every party is a genital reveal party.

26 Likes

Maybe this comes up in every “gender reveal” thread, but why is this a gender reveal and not a sex reveal? Won’t the baby reveal their gender once they’re old enough to independently express their gender? Or have I lost the thread on identity vocabulary?

11 Likes

Ever since my brother-in-law was conned into having one I’ve wanted to sneak into the factory that makes those dumb things and screw with them: swap the red and blue powders, replace with black powder, or glitter. Or blackpowder.

8 Likes

I feel cheated - ain’t now way I shouldn’t have gotten two of those parties…not a one…

15 Likes

Because “sex” is a naughty word? I dunno, this whole procreation thing is just beyond me.

Edit: Also, something tells me that many of the people who stage these things aren’t really up to speed on their gender studies.

6 Likes

“I hope the parents are happy with that, because I’m pretty sure this guy’s not having any more kids after this.”

When I read that I assumed the man would get a bit more firmly stuck on the fence.

9 Likes

I don’t know, it just looks like a party.

2 Likes

If the kid turned out to not be cis, that’d be amazing.