Nobody is happy in the first trailer for Avengers: Endgame

Peggy?

7 Likes

6 Likes

No, really I ship Cap and Peggy soooo much. And whenever I think about the Sokovia Accords, I think if I was a god or a mutant, I’d tell Tony to shove it, too. #TeamCap

8 Likes

Civil War is another Marvel story line that I was not too fond of, but yes; if I have to choose sides, then I’m always with the Resistance.

7 Likes

Yeah, Tony’s good, but he ain’t Steve Rogers Good.

6 Likes

So good, he’s almost worthy to wield Mjolnir.

8 Likes

Wizard did it.

Seriously. Dr Strange’s superpower is illusion and alternate universe. He set it up to give Thantoes what he wanted, now he can move everything back.

2 Likes

If the Sokovia Accords had the same kind of restrictions as Senator Kelly’s Mutant Registration Act, maybe. But as far as I could follow the accords as described in the movie were basically just a UN resolution saying “extralegal acts of superpowered vigilanteism aren’t cool, yo.” If you were just some rando who happened to have superpowers you’d be unaffected.

Most people I know don’t even need to be asked not to go on potentially world-ending international crimefighting adventures without the permission or approval of any government.

2 Likes

I think we can probably draw the line at mitochondria, likewise the shared organs of any co-joined twins.

1 Like

Captain Marvel: OK, here’s the plan. We fly up to the edge of Earth’s atmosphere and I engage the incoming space armada directly with bursts of cosmic energy while you cover my six.

Hawkeye: I… uh… can’t fly.

Captain Marvel: Seriously?? I thought that was literally your one superpower!

Hawkeye: You’re probably thinking of the other bird-of-prey-themed Avenger, Falcon. Happens a lot.

12 Likes

He could borrow some of Tony Stark’s tech?

2 Likes

Them Hazzard boys could help?

3 Likes

Hawkeye: Say, Tony?

Stark: Yeah?

Hawkeye: You know how you made a cool super-suit for your friend Rhodey?

Hawkeye: And then you made a couple of cool super-suits for that Spider-kid?

Hawkeye: And then you let Bruce use the hulkbuster armor when he was getting performance anxiety?

Hawkeye: Well, I was just wonderi—

Stark: You remember that time you trashed Avengers headquarters by having Wanda throw my favorite robot down through 17 floors and then blew up an airport in a fight to help the fugitive war criminal who murdered my parents?

Hawkeye: Uhh… right. That’s what I thought.

11 Likes

In the comics, the Superhero Registration Act basically conscripted anyone with powers into a government militia and those who didn’t want to join were extra-judicially locked up in another dimension.

In the movie, Cap doesn’t want his vigilantism to be constrained by civilian oversight (probably because he’s paranoid that Hydra agents are still running things).

4 Likes

Right, that’s why I specified the Sokovia Accords as depicted in the movie.

That law didn’t appear to criminalize anything that isn’t already a criminal act in real life.

1 Like

Time travel, and/or a reboot into a “Young Avengers” series. Bet nobody will see those coming.

Preview screening today courtesy of the museum.

IT’S FUCKING AWESOME

13 Likes

Good to hear, I’ve heard good things and look forward to take the kiddo to it, hopefully.

2 Likes

You, sir, are not a comic nerd, are you?

2 Likes

Sigh. Not this shit again…

1 Like