Nope, men and women aren’t equally sexualized in comics

Have fun.

Much as I don’t think Slickhead’s got the right end of this particular stick, I think that your statement

Is cut from similar cloth. And this is ultimately where the argument between the ideologically entrenched on one side and the unwitting defenders of privilege on the other is going to end up - two shrill voices going “You’re irrational because…!”

I’m saying that the images are sexualized, idealized depictions of the male body. It’s irrelevant for whom the images were “mainly” created. Posters seem to have a peculiarly fixed, demographic sense of sexual desire - like if an image is produced in a medium primarily marketed at males, there is no way it could possibly embody a non-heterosexual male sexuality or desire. This is nonsense - the artists could be gay or bisexual, or could simply be expressing a latent homoeroticism in their work.

1 Like

Irony mean less than humility, to me.

Because people matter more than my own righteousness.

Hope someday you’ll join us, and the world can be as one.

ah, but competing for what exactly? What does the advertising industry and mediascape imagine we’re fighting over?

1 Like

I know many people here don’t like my style, but at least I’m not THIS guy.

3 Likes

You, Lenon and Kanye should get together and teach me about humility.

They would have less of column A and more of column B.

Basically, try to imagine a world where there were just as many admirable role models and age-appropriate children’s halloween costumes based on female superheroes as male superheroes. There are already people working toward this goal (as the samples on the right indicate), but at present they are still the exception rather than the rule.

14 Likes

Not necessarily. But I also think that there is nothing wrong with some sexualization or objectification, as long as it’s not the only thing you do with a person.

I think the point is that the men are presented as an image of male power (and sexuality) to aspire to… while the women are presented as a figure to consume.

True, but the outcome still tends to the heteronormanative (did I spell that right… I’m not sure I spelled that right?).

4 Likes

Telling someone that you know their mind, telling them what they think, and demeaning them for disagreeing with your assertion of their mindset.

It is the definition of objectification.

Everyone has a POV of their own. Not everyone is at such ease having POVs for others, too. Consent is hard.

2 Likes

LOL. No. Did you even bother to read the fucking article? That’s not what’s going on here.

2 Likes

You know everything you need to know, clearly. You know it all. No need to repeat yourself, even us dumb shits get it.

I love that you misspelled his name accitentionally though, Silkhead.

1 Like

There is also nothing wrong with pointing out that the objectification of women can be upsetting and feel dehumanizing for many of us and is part of a larger problem in how our culture thinks about and imagines women.

6 Likes

You replied to my post as if there was only one reason for my opinion. You were wrong. When I pointed that out you said I put words in your mouth. This is highly illogical and your reaction is very defensive.

Yeah, I bet you hate it when people pull your schtick on you.

All bullies hate that. Bullies see it in EVERYONE ELSE BUT THEMSELVES.

I’m just mirroring you. It’s what I do.

We’re really grasping at straws now . Huh?

We’re really grasping at straws now .

Speak for yourself, for once! Also, not my fault you drew the short one.

How so?

meow. Bye bye friend.