NorCal neighbors complain as total jerk cements large swastika in his front yard

People usually complain about HOAs, but they do keep stuff like this from happening.

3 Likes

Having once used “Self Help” to remove a shed a neighbor had built into my property, I can advise you that the resultant visit from the Police was a hoot.

Vandalism is likely the criminal charge but they won’t make it.

7 Likes

All the non-racist skinheads I’ve known were totally cool and very enthusiastic nazi-punchers!

8 Likes

Not a folklorist or anything but my Jungian mum taught me that the two reflections of the swastika were masculine and feminine aspects of the same symbol. It’s just the Nazis ran with the male aspect alone. The female aspect is the one more widely known amongst Buddhists but it’s certainly not the only aspect.

GIS will give you plenty of good examples and I don’t want to link spam this thread more than twice.

Buddhists use the swastika or manji (shield) in both directions; the arms pointing clockwise indicate the masculine, action-oriented aspect of existence, while the counter-clockwise direction indicates the feminine, contemplative aspect.

7 Likes

I have an idea!

Let’s project video of nazis getting brutally butchered and the firebombing of berlin etc onto his house.

5 Likes

I think this guy is a douche and full of it, but I always find the origins and history of the swastiki fascinating https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/man-who-brought-swastika-germany-and-how-nazis-stole-it-180962812/

1 Like

One question: Will it burn?

1 Like

Idk Lets call Spielberg.

3 Likes

Ha! I was just thinking about ManWoman - I remember reading about him in one of those old ReSearch books. Nice guy but a bit odd - still, when God comes to you in a vision and tells you his plan, what are you going to do?

5 Likes

Yeah, because if you’re actually buddhist it comes up in sunday school why sometimes buddha is pictured with a swastika on his forehead like Charlie Manson… Then you get an explanation of how it’s not a swastika, but a Manji, rotates the other way, and means something completely different. Then follows the talk on how the Nazi’s really messed things up, and now the buddhist symbol needs to be taken in context.

Also, you get a little talk on how you really should be aware enough to realize that it has a very charged and changed meaning in today’s world, and that it’s really not a symbol to be used any longer.

I have met 0 actual buddhists trying to “take back the symbol” or anything like that, or insisting on using it in it’s original context. Everyone realizes that it’s been ruined, and is willing to let it go. The only people who aren’t seem to be very melanin deficient, and like to fancy themselves part of a group of losers (and by that I mean the Nazis).

edit: I stand corrected. Apparently there was/is an artist with a divine mission to reclaim the symbol? Best of luck!

5 Likes

Yeah, so far I have not met a single practicing sikh that’s an inconsiderate dick.

1 Like

He does Nazi the problem? /s

Also, relevant…

6 Likes

Sometimes it’s time to just let it go. Let the dead be dead, including symbols.

Give up your attachment to a symbol (so that it identifies only the historical, and modern fuckheads).

2 Likes

If I remember the 90s correctly (note: I have many reasons not to) a lot of skinheads in fact make sport of kicking the living shit out of racist skinheads.

2 Likes

Symbols evolve and change and even die. I can appreciate that. Manwoman was (and I’m overreducing a bit here) about emphasizing the positive in it and I find beauty* in that.

I’m also not happy to let insincere chucklehead trolls ruin things for the lolz or because they feel it’s only theirs.

*ETA: Beauty despite futility.

1 Like

I have, but I file it under “any population that is sufficiently large will have its share.”

5 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think a good sense of humor, irony, worldliness and a realistic sense of self really jibe with overt racism, but they’re pretty crucial qualities for social dynamics. I guess that’s why they tend to cluster and form rat’s nests as opposed to seeking out dynamic social circles.

Also, at the risk of stating the obvious, because actual Sikhs (which this jackass is not) are disprivileged in many places including the US, they’re less often in a position to get away with being dicks than those of us with greater privilege.

5 Likes

Yeah. They’ve gained significant political power where I live, which likely plays a huge role.

I will admit that I have a caveat to my “sufficiently large population” rule: when said population is created entirely around a culture of dickishness. See incels, nazis, racists, TERFs, etc. Then “fair share” doesn’t apply. It’s all of them.

4 Likes