North Korea 'bombs' U.S. in birthday video for founder Kim Il Sung

I thought that as well, for the quality of the songwriting. But it wasn’t quite as good a joke with added details.

Oh, and when Koreans discover Robert Palmer videos…

3 Likes

Well, if you have problems launching actual missiles without them blowing up, might as well throw a fantasy video together.

1 Like

I just don’t know what to say after watching that. Was that a one-off, or is there a deeper rabbit hole of 80’s fever dream Kpop music videos?

Reminds me of this one MASH episode where everyone throws a fake-party for the much-hated Maj. Frank Burns:

‘Hotlips’ Hoolihan: “Look, Frank! They love you.”
Frank (all happy): “It was their hate that fooled me!”

6 Likes

North Korea: Going out with a bang.

Thanks again, George W. Bush, for your careful instruction to the world’s craziest dictators: “We will roll in and replace your government with a concrete road block unless you immediately arm yourself with nukes.” Even back in those days we were all asking, “what could go wrong?”

6 Likes

man, these Korean Stalinist soviet larp’ers are really committing to their roles! How soon before this 1950s cold war theme park is open?

1 Like

You’re in luck. 80s stuff is trendy in K-Pop at the moment.

And this older video by indie pop/performance art group EE isn;t just an 80s fever dream but a VHS fever dream. (And I’m convinced that the Snuper video above was inspired by it.)

(I have to admit that thought did occur to me as I typed. )

1 Like

The original Palmer girls were actually sold off after he passed away and spent some time with a private collector until they were acquired and restored to (mostly) working order by Australian musician Abbe May:

"The joke is old, dead, got dug up, beaten with a dead horse, buried, dug up again, and now you’re poking it with a stick."
True. The amazing thing is that it’s still twitching, though.

1 Like

Scientology and North Korea are too competitive.

1 Like

well, every time that joke seems truly dead we go ahead a do something so asinine and idiotic like electing tRump, and breathe a wee bit of life into the corpse.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.