NRA endorses Trump

The military police carry, for sure. Also, when training. But a lot of military personnel are noncombatants (lawyers, administration, etc.) so they don’t carry. My uncle was special forces, but he told me that he didn’t carry on secured U.S. territory bases.

5 Likes

Soldiers are basically state property. They sign away literally most of their rights for a set period when they join the armed forces, and must obey the state. They don’t get second amendment rights. They often don’t even get first amendment rights.

17 Likes

Yeah, that’s about right. :laughing:

13 Likes

“Lesser of two evils” political dilemmas are so funny when other people are experiencing them.

2 Likes

I’d think you’d be happy to know that there aren’t a bunch of U.S. military personnel running around Germany with guns.

5 Likes

every US barrack here has multiple layers of armed and unformed guys around it (police, German army, private security contractors, US MP)

3 Likes

No, I meant when they’re off-base.

1 Like

Relevant directive: http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a272176.pdf (it’s actually a pretty easy read). Not a lot of ambiguity here.

4 Likes

the US constitution is (afaik) still not in force here, so even a non-state-property US citizen carries rarely a gun when visiting the Oktoberfest

6 Likes

That’s more what I meant. :wink:

1 Like

Trump wants to end “gun-free zones”, yet most (if not all) of his branded properties are “gun-free zones”

20 Likes

I think he just meant PUBLIC property should never be a gun-free zone, not “property where people like Trump might actually want to visit.”

7 Likes

The Republican convention will be, too. Why do you suppose they don’t want armed convention delegates? Guns don’t kill people.

14 Likes

That and I bet they had to work up to swallowing that shit sandwich.

They are a one issue lobby group. Trump isn’t even that pro-gun historically, but Hillary for sure is anti.

4 Likes

NBA? What do they care about politics?

[Re-reads headline]

Oh. Ok.

9 Likes

Yeah, get over it you GOPers whose candidate lost! The country is on the verge of funding scientific studies that will result in better regulation of firearms in the US without banning them entirely!

I will never understand the position of gun nuts who are essentially desperately defending their hobby from remaining virtually unchanged.

11 Likes

“We’re getting rid of gun-free zones, I can tell you,” he said today.

Stupid is alive and well in the good ole’ USA.

3 Likes

I wished I could say I´m suprised, but really, I´m not.

1 Like

Don’t worry, the NRA wants to fix it all up!!!

1 Like

“We’re getting rid of gun-free zones, I can tell you,” he said today. And it seems that he might have said it in an actual gun-free zone, if ThinkProgress is correct.

3 Likes