NRA TV was so racist even the NRA says it was racist

Hmm… I’m anti racist cartoons, but pro looting the NRA for 10s of millions of dollars. How very post-modern to have a story with no heroes.

10 Likes

Ive noticed a curious symmetry between preventing abortions and owning guns: in both cases, its all about white people. A deafening silence descends when its people of color getting abortions or having their guns taken away…

4 Likes

Just like Trump; he’s the end product of 40 years of relentlessly shameful Republican propaganda built on a solid foundation of fear, uncertainty and doubt. When you treat people like mushrooms (keep 'em in the dark and feed 'em bullshit) you shouldn’t be surprised when they actually think they know something and insist on electing eve-purer ideologues. Republicans knew they were fighting with fire and now it’s come back to bite them —and us— in the ass.

2 Likes

They didn’t get grifted. They’re like the person who goes to the store and buys something that no one likes, then tries to blame the store for selling them the thing they voluntarily bought.

10 Likes

An extremely accurate word choice.

(not to be taken as a general statement about white people, but a statement that the racists at the NRA are likely melanin deficient…)

8 Likes

also resentment

12 Likes

Yeah, this was the moment the racism “became a problem” when it stopped being effective for their fundraising goals. Just like the how the conversation around torture has to pivot to “and it isn’t even effective!” in order to get psycho jingoists to admit torture is wrong. Fuck them, they learned nothing of value.

8 Likes

It’s not funny: it’s quite delightful. I didn’t know you could ever make a whole group of those sort of people move on, but it seems like they have. Or until you jinxed it just now.

3 Likes

The Aristocrats!

@smulder “Our principle weapon is fear, and resentment! Our two principle weapons are fear, resentment and bigotry! Our three Principle weapons are…”

10 Likes

Except when it suits their purposes.

Antiabortionists have tried to convince POCs that because they get abortions at a higher rate than whites, abortion is a racist conspiracy to eliminate non-whites.

Some years ago, when a ban on cheap handguns (“Saturday night specials”) was proposed, the NRA suddenly started wringing their hands about those poor good guys in the ghetto who would not be able to afford the means of self defense.

Because these people (and you’re right, there’s a big overlap) will say absolutely anything.

7 Likes

The linked article is worth a read:

I’m rooting for both parties to lose. (Possible if both are bankrupted by legal fees.)

1 Like

But… But… But… Whaddabout Colon Noir!!!

1 Like

For a long time, that one was a favourite cause for crocodile tears with our ammosexuals who wanted to borrow some progressive cred to protect their collections of masculinity totems.

4 Likes

Please! The correct term is “magsturbator”.

2 Likes

The NRA needs to lose tax-exempt status - permanently.

It will be be their death.

3 Likes

That’s a mormon from normandy, for people wanting to get the joke juust right.

Hahahahahahhh… good. More of that, please.

That was my thought too. If they want to launder their reputation, it’s going to take a lot more bleach.

I wonder if they really did, or as has been mentioned they are trying to save face since it went so awry.

2 Likes

I would say that is more the Trump wing of the GOP, although there is a LOT of overlap.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.