NSA has transcripts of Flynn talking to Russia about Obama's Sanctions

Party before country.

Republicans are lining up to show how craven they are. Totally down with treason as long as they can give the rich those sweet, sweet tax cuts and take healthcare away from the poor.

13 Likes

I’m very much with you on that hope. But I’d think that just the mentioning of Trump (either by name or by title as POTUS) in the context of the nastier details of Flynn’s and Russia’s discussions (“would like to offer” may not be necessary), would be enough to draw a strong connection between Trump and what was discussed.

If nothing else, what the NSA came up with will only increase the NSA, FBI, CIA monitoring of this administration, one which SO cannot be trusted if you’re any sort of American.

3 Likes

Consider how a court ordered breakup of the GOP as fallout for this treasonous episode could have wide ranging positive effects on US Politics.

Two party system would be broken open.

Right wing conservatives would be isolated and marginalized.

Old school republicans would have to swim on their own merits.

Similarly Middle of the Road mainstream Democrats would now have to compete with the republicans for the middle ground.

Liberals would gain independent power without the need to rely on Democrats.

Crush the GOP as it deserves for this debacle, and the future cracks wide open.

2 Likes

You are talking about the GOP threading the needle with boxing gloves in order to install Pence. Anything of substance enough to remove Trump will also implicate Pence, GOP party leadership, and a good deal of Senators and Congressmen.

No, they are going to wait for Trump to either shoot himself in the foot, or get bored and leave.

2 Likes

Round and round we go. Patraeus again? Do any of their short lists include people not convicted of anything?

9 Likes

[quote=“AcerPlatanoides, post:13, topic:94912”]
I’d hope Ryan would be smart enough to choose someone like Warren as a mark of humility for what his team has tried to do to our nation and the world
[/quote]He’d better put an establishment asshole in because the last thing the progressing Dems need it being tied to Ryan’s hypothetical presidency. Ryan is a fucking disaster and doesn’t even realize it yet. Outside WI and conservative bubbles he is very unpopular.

2 Likes

See, that didn’t take long.

Noon, Trump: Flynn is in like Flynn

3pm, KellyAnne: Flynn is solid

5pm: Flynn is out. Maybe.

5 Likes

He has resigned.

8 Likes

Nope; he was likely compelled to quit.

9 Likes

Yep, just heard it on the radio. It’s good to see one less lunatic in the WH. Temporarily. (God knows what monster they’ll find to replace him). Hope they don’t think we’re all stupid enough to think that all the Russian connections are cleared up now.

8 Likes
13 Likes
6 Likes

Please, please, please let it be Petraeus.

8 Likes

I’m just waiting for a smoking gun, ANY smoking gun that will finally alienate his willfully blind base so that we can finally get the impeachment process going.

Yes, that leaves us with Pence, but he’s going to tainted by the association with 45, and hopefully hindered by close scrutiny afterward.

9 Likes

The “Russia connection is modern day McCarthyism” crowd is not having a good night. This will likely have a chain effect as the news is digested and it lends more credibility to the other accusations against Trump’s campaign (and even others like Wikileaks).

7 Likes

I hope Flynn is offered immunity in exchange for talking. Who could offer that? Senate Intelligence Committee?

10 Likes

I’m thinking that too. Could be the major crack that brings down the dam.

7 Likes

Whatever gets the right ball rolling quickly.

To be frank, if 45 is as easily hacked as some sources are making him out to be, I’m surprised that no white hats have already done it before any enemies of the state can do it.

Turn that archaic device of his into a hot mike, catch him saying something detrimental that will finally wake up his base and leak it.

9 Likes

Is there even such a thing? The die-hards are pretty much nihilists, don’t care about ethics if there’s an (R) next to your name, and like seeing scandals that freak out “liberals.” Even if he admitted on tape that he knew Russia hacked the DNC/DCCC/Petraeus to help him and the House, and was knowingly using that assistance, and that it was a decisive factor, the base would just think he was smart to ensure a GOP win. He’d have to do something like push for gun control or funding Planned Parenthood or something to really lose the base.

8 Likes

I wonder what would finally do it.

“Such idiots, those losers who fell for my presidential act. Can you fucking believe it?!”

Anyway, most would probably believe his claim that any such leak is just fake news.

10 Likes