NYC to paint 'BLACK LIVES MATTER' symbol in front of Trump Tower along 5th avenue, so POTUS sees it

DeBlasio is no dummy when it comes to distracting from his own shitty record.

8 Likes

On the one hand I agree this isn’t going to suddenly fix racial inequality. On the other hand, in other cities protesters are painting this same street mural and the city is then paying to paint over it or paying for cops to protect anti-blm while they paint over it. A mural isn’t going to fix anything but symbols do have power. We can see that over the clashes around confederate monuments. So NY painting Black Lives Matter is a good thing. The situation with their police violence is a separate matter that is a bad thing and the mural does nothing to make up for.

ETA: The placement is just an extra cherry on top but shouldn’t be the main reason for the mural. The main reason is to drive home the message: Black Lives Matter. I don’t think that is a bad use of city money.

13 Likes
2 Likes

The only way to improve this would be to formally rename 5th Avenue so he’s forced to print it on any collateral pertaining to Trump Tower. Imagine if all his mail was addressed thusly:

Donald J. Trump
725 Black Lives Matter Ave
New York, NY 10022

24 Likes

:point_up_2: This.

I keep hitting the like button over and over, but alas, it only registered the first time I tried.

DJT Business Card 2020

14 Likes
  1. None of the protesters asked for this.

2. This is meaningless performative nonsense.

3. It isn’t just useless, it’s actively harmful. By attempting to recast BLM as an anti-Trump movement, it deliberately obscures the bipartisan nature of white supremacy and police brutality.

14 Likes

Paint it in the sky with drones?

1 Like

Well said. This isn’t about white de Blasio or white Donald Trump. It isn’t about party affiliation. It’s about the need for systemic change in how we approach (among other things) policing.

4 Likes

I was thinking “TRAITOR TOWER”… but, we’re on the same wavelength, so, good.

He seems to prefer pens with nibs that are thick as hell… like his skull.

2 Likes

It’s about… oh… this long.

4 Likes

I’m sure there are prosecutors in every district where Trump has set foot champing at the bit. I just hope SDNY gets to go first. You do NOT mess with those guys.

How many years after it became Avenue of the Americas did 6th Ave addressees still receive mail? How many years after it becomes Black Live Matter Avenue will Tramp Org (if still extant) continue to receive 5th Ave mail? I agree – this is a performance.

Ehh. I don’t think it’s that great.

1. You’re assuming Drumph can read.

2. Drumph doesn’t come to NYC anymore.

3. It’s already been done.

4. DeBlasio should be actually implementing BLM goals in city Gov’t instead of working on his street trolling cred. Maybe then he wouldn’t get booed at the Brooklyn George Floyd memorial.

6 Likes

You’d need a very small font to list all his lies, though.

You missed it about six posts up. @mr_raccoon posted my President’s twitter response to this. Trump feels the NYPD should step in to stop it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.