NYC to paint 'BLACK LIVES MATTER' symbol in front of Trump Tower along 5th avenue, so POTUS sees it

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/01/nyc-to-put-black-lives-matte.html

14 Likes

While they’re at it, can they paint “Trump is a liar, a coward and a draft-dodger” below that?

24 Likes

don’t forget pussy grabbing pedo while you’re at it.

14 Likes

Sure, it’s cool, but you know what would be even cooler? Not spending 12 billion dollars/year on a racist, violent police force.

31 Likes

Let us know if he reads it, maybe we can paint his intelligence briefings there, too.

16 Likes

When is he ever there to see it, though?

(And who are Ayman Mohyeldin, Mary Murray, and Megan Kelley Hall, and what is their involvement in this, that makes it so important that having been told what the news is, we need to learn exactly the same fact again from each of them via a Twitter screenshot?)

12 Likes
  1. It doesn’t solve anything
  2. It’s petty
  3. I AM HERE FOR IT!
11 Likes

I don’t imagine Trump ever setting foot in New York again after he leaves office…unless it’s for a court summons.

10 Likes

a little bird told me there’s a whole slew of folks at SDNY that are VERY anxiously awaiting the exact moment that Biden is sworn in…

11 Likes

The state should seize Trump Tower as a tax forfeiture.

17 Likes

Man, I hope they use gold paint!!!

11 Likes

I’m not from New York. How long is 5th Avenue anyway?

10 Likes

I thought he lives in Floriduh now?

3 Likes
12 Likes

Goes from 8th street to 142nd. So, most of the length of Manhattan (approx 8 miles). But when people typically refer to “5th Avenue”, they are usually speaking of an area from about 45th Street to Central Park at about 59th. Where many of the high end stores are.(an area of about 1.2 miles long)

10 Likes

Long enough for at least the condensed version of turmp’s crimes and misdeeds, then.

6 Likes

5 Likes

Yay more performative wokeness that doesn’t actually solve anything.

It’s like democrats are working as hard as they can to do the least amount of token work.

9 Likes

Just about. Broadway would work better. It goes down the entire length of the borough.

4 Likes

BLM • White House
BLM • Trump Tower

Next:
BLM • Mar a Lago

I would love to hear his first reaction in the Oval Office. You know it must be something along the lines of: "Can De Blasio do that? Can Trump Tower corporation stop it? Can I use federal power to stop it? I can't?" Followed by :massive thumb noises as Tweeting goes into overdrive:

8 Likes