NYC will require proof-of-vaccine to enter restaurants, gyms, and entertainment facilities

…and vote.

6 Likes

Oh yeah, that too!

5 Likes

Tangentially related: is there a word for what this person is doing? Their smugly haughty faux “reasonableness” feels very much like sea-lioning, and also a lot like JAQing off, but doesn’t quite fit either of these definitions. Seems like it ought to have a name. Maybe something German.

7 Likes

I was going to link two semi relevant thing but decided to read the rest of the comments first. That was a mistake. I now need to look up if sea-lioning is a real thing and also restart my brain.

Penalties:

Exceptions where someone actually said why/what the medical reasoning for them was and what they were trying to balance:

3 Likes

It absolutely is.

There are several methods used to intentionally derail conversations, and this particular member is in the habit of using many of them.

11 Likes

His videos pop up in my YouTube recommendations from time to time and I swear that the majority of those are him complaining about some aspect of NYC government.

4 Likes

Some of them are entirely convincing that the NYC system of permits and fines is broken at a profoundly Catch 22 level of incurability. But others just seem like kvetching, where he rails against urban decline and Covid-related issues that are not unique to NYC.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: False Equivalency in Service of Know-Nothingism: Societal Good?

I’m not sure why this community should be hosting dangerous FUD that is killing people. Doesn’t seem to me like a mostly wondrous thing.

11 Likes

In fact it seems to be directly in violation of the terms, no matter how “civilly” such specious arguments are couched.

7 Likes

I should not doubt the wisdom of the @Melizmatic .

Now a new term has been connected to a known behaviour. How it took 5 years from inception to penetrating my brain - I do not know.

4 Likes

Now Rand Paul is chiming in on vaccination requirements for restaurants, saying vaccinated people should “mind your own business.” Effing selfish, genocidal Libertarian duche. The un-vaccinated are everyone’s business in a pandemic that has killed over 630,000 Americans, with thousands more on their way right now.

4 Likes

I know it probably makes me a bad person, but as I sit here today, fully vaccinated, I don’t care about the unvaccinated that have had the chance to get vaccinated and declined it. Or rather, I do care about them, but only to the extent that I wish they would either get vaccinated right now or die already. (People who cannot get vaccinated for any real reason - a (real) medical excuse, children under 12, lack of availability otherwise - I exclude from my not caring. And the way I show that I care about them? I am super serious about the other idiots getting vaccinated or removing themselves from the gene pool.)

Anecdotal to that point:

For once, I actually encourage reading the comments.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t say that makes you a bad person, but it isn’t a very good position or attitude. What it is, though, is understandable. The frustration and tiredness are very real.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.