Nylon spatula beats silicone and metal

I forget who recommended this to me (I could have sworn it was BB, but I’m not finding any relevant post), but I quite like it:

https://www.amazon.com/OXO-1147100-Silicone-Cookie-Spatula/dp/B001QTVT4K

It may say “cookie” but I use it for literally everything. It’s very thin.

ETA: I can totally understand how this can be easy to break, and I sure don’t rely on it alone for moving food. But if you go easy on it, well — I’ve been using the same one for north of two years now.

The fish spatula is king. Lots of surface area, but still maneuverable. It’s the go-to.

Hey! I used the same one until I broke the spot welds holding the flat steel inner-spatula to the handle. Too much pressing with the bottom of it, much like shown in the fourth product photo. Though I’m not too keen on the OXO’s big handles since they take up too much room in my utensil caddy, this one isn’t so big as to be annoying.

I think it’s perfect since I used the tool for both: after scrambling an egg in a bowl then pouring it into a frying pan, I’d use the spatula to scrape almost all the remaining goopy egg out of the bowl (and off the mixing fork) into the pan, then use the same tool to flip the egg.

Gotta get every last drop out of the bowl, and this does it.

Edit: and I do the same thing with the last of the pancake batter in the bowl too.

2 Likes

The addition of that thing only increases the ambiguity.

Well it might beat silicone but what about rock and scissors

1 Like

It doesn’t scratch like rock or cut like scissors? :wink:

f46589be198b26fe2509f8aed06bb040_phixr

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.