NYPD cops charged with swiping pricey champagne at Electric Zoo music festival

Originally published at: NYPD cops charged with swiping pricey champagne at Electric Zoo music festival | Boing Boing

1 Like

“Shocked and saddened by criminal charges” = “I thought by becoming a cop my illegal activities would no longer subject me to consequences.”

12 Likes

Dumb-ass cops forgot their position in the hierarchy. People who drink bottles of $1450 sparkling plonk probably outrank them.

13 Likes

“Detective Czech is shocked and saddened by the criminal charges,”

real housewives of atlanta GIF

4 Likes

At least this time the cops were stealing from rich people???

(I know, it is a bit of an assumption that the people ordering two $1,450 bottles of champagne were wealthy - but good luck to a poor person getting the police to return their stolen property)

4 Likes

The name seemed familiar, but it was a different NYPD Wojciech last time:

2 Likes

Ace of Spades champagne — worth priced at $2,900 total

Edited for clarity.

12 Likes

oblig shockednotthatshocked.gif

Clearly they didn’t get the memo that stealing from RICH people will get you busted.

5 Likes

MagicSuit

6 Likes

This is also kind of getting into “is it really worth the price?” territory, too. A bottle of regular Asti Spumanti is enough for me to get drunk, so there you go.

3 Likes

Fortunately for the concert-goers, their pricey bubbles were pulled out of the cop’s backpack and returned to them.

How do you explain to a judge how the bubbly got into your backpack in a way a judge could possibly believe? I think they’ll be SOL when they’re denying these charges.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.