NY's Gov Cuomo : Jewish people 'without rhythm'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/03/26/nys-gov-cuomo-jewish-peopl.html

3 Likes

tenor

17 Likes

Oh good lord.

If you are going to make a little religion-deprecating joke about not being able to dance about your own faith then go ahead and have a laugh. Then stop there, before you make it about the Jews.

22 Likes
12 Likes

Paula Abdul is Jewish

"…twice won the “Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Choreography”.

I did not know this before today.

13 Likes

The 60-year-old governor

There’s the problem right there. Sorry, Boomers, but the “good old days” when a politician in a city like NYC could count on a laugh for invoking a lazy stereotype are over.

16 Likes
6 Likes

Yeah, great way to win the hearts of African-Americans: they can dance, right? But the Jewzzz, nooooh. They can’t dance. I mean we can dance and y’all can dance better but not the jewz.

Facepalm.

11 Likes

13 Likes

Visions of Music: Rhythm and Jews (klezmer documentary, 1998):

5 Likes

According to the Vatican, Catholics have all the rhythm they need.

Oh the irony.

15 Likes

Cuomo: Catholics basically believe the same teachings that Baptists believe.

Only to a simpleton or a pandering asshole.

12 Likes

Throw a rock in LA and you’ll have a good chance of hitting someone who knew someone else when that someone else had been a “nobody”: A co-worker at my previous employment had Paula as a tenant, she rooming with the co-worker’s daughter (who is a Foley artist). He described Paula as being “an absolute angel”.

7 Likes

It’s funny because it’s true!

3 Likes

is he “Morisette-ing” us

3 Likes

Buddy “Ain’t Got Rhythm” Rich

17 Likes

“Things” start happening at 1 minute into it. I think he liked drumming:

10 Likes
8 Likes

Most likely trying to find common ground with the parishioners of the Mount Neboh Baptist Church,

Common ground with Baptists on dancing? You know the joke, Baptists don’t like pre-marital sex because they’re afraid that it might lead to dancing…

10 Likes

Who is going to have the last laugh on Arrakis?

7 Likes