NY's Gov Cuomo : Jewish people 'without rhythm'

Leiber and Stoller probably want some words with the governor

9 Likes

HELP: I vaguely recall a black stand-up comic from many years ago who had this hilarious routine where he made the case that white people can dance. His comment at the end was “White people can’t dance? My ass!!”

QUESTION: Who was that???

2 Likes

I was about to mention klezmer music, but here’s something else instead

4 Likes

Quite the subtle pivot.

:wink:

Came for a Dune joke, was not disappointed.

5 Likes

Also, pretty much everything by Serge Gainsbourg.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Yep, this particular song with its strange rhythmic line is really a treasure, sampled by many.

1 Like

At least we still own the media.

6 Likes

Damn, how can the governor of New York not know about the Beastie Boys?

11 Likes

With the Master:

2 Likes

Shai-Hululz

3 Likes
2 Likes

11 Likes

There is a gay Newfie comedian of South Asian descent, so he gets to poke fun at all three groups. By this logic, if one is a total ethnic mongrel, one is entitled to ridicule all one’s ancestral ethnic groups.

And, BTW, “Jews” does not refer to peoples’ religious belief, it is a group defined by rabbinical authorities according to religious law.

You can call yourself a Jew, or you can call yourself not a Jew, it doesn’t matter. When anti-semites start calling you a Jew, you’re a Jew. That has been my experience, anyways.

21 Likes

Won’t get you into Israel, though.

1 Like

Wait, you’re telling me that the murderer in this case didn’t consult the rabbinical authorities in Israel?

2 Likes

I know he’s trying to butter up the Baptists here, but there’s a whole lot more different between Baptists and Catholics than just dancing.

5 Likes

In terms of birth control the rhythm method is the only way Catholics are allowed to do it.

8 Likes