NY's Gov Cuomo : Jewish people 'without rhythm'

Y’know, I re-read the original quote about three times, thinking that it was a lead-in to an “at least Catholics have rhythm” (ba-dum-tish!) kinda thing; then thinking that maybe that’s what he was aiming for, but just botched the set-up, leading to a nonsensical punchline; then realizing, that, no, he said exactly what he meant and thinks it’s funny.

At least I think that’s what he thinks. I can’t really get it to parse sensibly no matter how I spin it, so I’m just going to go with “WTF?”

5 Likes
2 Likes

Better decades late than never!

2 Likes

Dearest cousin New Amsterdam, leave the tone deaf institutional racism to the pros

Signed, --Boston

3 Likes

Ethnic humor is underwhelming when professional comedians pull it off. Politicians should just know better.

1 Like

He’s totally wrong. Catholics do it with the rhythm. Hence the large families. Geeze, being Italian you’d think he’d know that by now.

Someone hand the governor a new shovel. I bet he could dig himself a bit deeper.

2 Likes

He ought to try singing some of Shulamit Ran’s very intricate choral works.

5 Likes

Did he finish with something along the lines of “but some of my best friends are Jewish”?

4 Likes

“The Jew is using the Black as muscle for rhythm!”

“NY’s Gov Cuomo : Jewish people ‘without rhythm’” – Is that why they’re not Catholics?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.