NYT: Saudi Arabia's Prince Charming was Mister Bone Saw all along

Tying up loose ends?

7 Likes

There is a tendency for despots drunk on their own power, and with no checks or balances to their ego, to over-reach. MBS has clearly done just that. It will be interesting to see what transpires? Will the King replace him, since he is now extremely tarnished goods? Can the King replace him (kings can be cut up with bonesaws too). Essentially this is Game of Throne in real life.

6 Likes

Looks like the Sauds have settled on a fall guy. Not that I feel sorry for him.

3 Likes

Does that make climate change the real life ‘White Walkers,’ then?

(Damn this timeline is so stupid, there really are no words sufficient enough…)

7 Likes

The Wet Walkers…

2 Likes

That joke would have worked far better over in this thread.

2 Likes

Oh my lord, I should not have clicked through on that!!

3 Likes

4 Likes

When the Saudi’s throw someone under the bus it may involve and actual bus :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Thread:

4 Likes

The Onion is just getting these stories spot on.

A few years ago, we were surprised that the most accurate political news source in the US was the Daily Show. Now even the Onion is both angrily accurate, and better than several real sources.

11 Likes

Making a list, checking it twice…

1. Don’t eat squirrel brains. (Or any brains, really.)
  2. Don’t walk near any Saudi embassy.
4 Likes

That explains the incompetence. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

FTFM(e) 

2 Likes
7 Likes

I call that implausible deniability. Almost nobody doesn’t think that he did it. But he is powerful enough that many HAVE to profess to believe him. Killing is proof of his power. The fact that many say that they don’t think that he did it is ALSO proof of his power.

edited to add… If Putin had a sense of history, he would have used an ice axe.

3 Likes
3 Likes

7 Likes

An elegant policy from a more civilized age.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.