"Obamacare is law of the land" as replacement fails in House

As long as he keeps “winning” by not actually doing anything, I don’t mind so much.

Right now he looks like a clueless idiot without the slightest idea what he’s doing, so no change there.

15 Likes

Someone so good at it, they’ve made it an art form!

5 Likes

Biggest lobby group period. You do not cross the AARP they make the NRA look second rate.

16 Likes

I imagine that too. I am guessing they are confused and frightened, and likely to lash out if confronted!

So, pretty much status quo.

7 Likes

Remember when Trump was threatening Republicans if they didn’t pass this bill? That was yesterday.

For a guy who knows so much about making deals he’s doing a really shitty job of it.

17 Likes

2nd rate. 2nd amendment.

Très subtil.

7 Likes

I think I’ll make those schadenfreude pies I’d originially planned for November 9th.

4 Likes

Trump, in his book, “The America we Deserve”:

He’s the best negotiator, for reals.

22 Likes

Hey, I vote for that guy!

1 Like

“Cookies are for closers.” No cookie for you, Donnie!

8 Likes

I didn’t think the Republicans were flexible enough to kick their own asses. More please!

8 Likes

That’s been running through my head all morning. Now that they’ve pulled the bill, I hear Lily Allen chirpily singing “Fuck you! Fuck yooou! Fuck you very very muu-uuuu-uuch!”

10 Likes

I think at this point we can dispense with the illusion that Trump is writing, or for that matter reading, anything.

But yeah, you’d hope there was at least a high level discussion of the material with whoever actually did write that.

12 Likes

Not extreme enough for some and too extreme for others.

As I remember it the Democrats had just as much trouble finding unity on healthcare as well. But Obama negotiated it, which is why it is the centrepiece of his presidency.

And apparently, it is more robust than most of us imagined.

I don’t believe a more severe plan would have automatic backing among Republicans, there will remain factional disagreements, and it’s just possible that the ACA will survive the Trumpocalypse intact.

I mean, imagine that!

19 Likes

He’s blaming the Democrats. Yup, somehow the minority party who weren’t at all an impediment in the passage of this bill were the ones blocking it because none of them would vote for it. (No Republicans voted for the ACA, but whatever.) I’m not sure if he’s deflecting, or he really doesn’t understand how all this works.

18 Likes

It’s almost like the Republicans never even HAD a real vision of what an ACA replacement would look like.

16 Likes

Agreed. How many times have they tried to repeal the ACA? I’ve lost track over the years. They’ve NEVER had a plan of their own. Just a bunch of whiny bastards.

17 Likes

Complaining that “I lost because my opponents defeated me” does not really fit with the intended self-portrayal as a winner. Quite apart from giving the opponents more credit than they deserve.

7 Likes

And all their rhetoric was empty, malicious and cynical? Yeah… almost…

1 Like

They did, but their plan was the ACA, so the cognitive dissonance from that has caused some problems.

Especially when they didn’t even have the numbers to do so. “This weak and puny force overcame me and the Republican majority” really doesn’t fit the “winner” narrative. But I guess this allows him to power the fantasy that he’s peddling now - that one day Obamacare will “explode” and the Democrats will come crawling to him to fix it. (This is seriously what he’s saying.) Plus, he still needs to play the victim to explain away his own incompetence now that he’s in power - it’s not his fault! It’s the crooked media and lying Democrats that are stopping him!

15 Likes