Obese orange baby has fit after TV tuned to wrong channel

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/26/obese-orange-baby-has-fit-afte.html

8 Likes

11 Likes

Anyone else catch that the real story here is the separate hotel rooms?

45 Likes

It is likely that the times we see them together are the only times they are together.

20 Likes

I think that is not missed…and to be honest, is it surprising? at all?

I think it is obvious that if nothing politically comes from any of the investigation and such…at the very least as soon as he is out of office, she is serving him with divorce papers.

11 Likes

I did. I also wouldn’t be surprised if she tuned the TV to CNN just to aggravate him.

32 Likes

Televisions? Well, Air Force One is an older aircraft.

6 Likes

Allow me to open my box of sympathy for her. Oh darn, all empty. I guess I really don’t care.

25 Likes

Hmm. A high-gain directional antenna with a high power Bluetooth transmitter to make a long distance “sniper” TV remote control…

9 Likes

Does either Fox News or CNN broadcast an actual news show? I’m not really interested in panel discussions about how great or terrible Trump is.

8 Likes

Most remotes are still IR. A pulsed laser would do.

3 Likes

Best suggestion I’ve seen all week. It reminds me of a scene in some technothriller, where some guy is annoyed that his TV changes channel on him. He’s even more annoyed when he realises it is being caused by the laser on an attack helicopter aiming a missile at his appartment.

3 Likes

Oh? My neighbor’s set shows up in my sync list. (I synced with it by accident once, but unsynced rather than experiment.)

That’s what you call gas-light-em-up’ing. Obviously control of his tele-vision is supremely important to the orange shit-gibbon.

7 Likes

Let’s hope Donnie’s eventual jail cell comes equipped with 24-7 MSNBC.

17 Likes

I get that too. Smart connectivity possibly including remote channel changing. So for those sets your solution may work.

But standard remotes are still all IR. Old tech, but if it ain’t broke…

1 Like

Nah. Theirs is not a marriage in the usual sense. It was and continues to be a cold blooded financial transaction. In exchange for being his trophy wife, she gets so many dollars per month.

I am sure she doesn’t like being his wife, but she had to have known going into it what kind of dog he was. If she files for divorce, she loses that lovely monthly allowance and has to make do with whatever pittance she’s allowed by their prenup. So she grits her teeth and takes secret joy in watching his declining health, declining mental abilities, and declining political fortunes, taking comfort in the knowledge that she will outlive him by several decades.

17 Likes

I wonder if the prenup includes a “flipping on Trump in a high-profile treason, money laundering and sundry crimes against America” clause…

10 Likes

two points: how do you KNOW there is a prenup? and also, if there is one, you know the specifics are that she gets nothing regardless of him committing adultery?

I am not dismissing you could be right.

Headline of the Week

2 Likes

Back in 2005 she had a Q&A at a business class at NYU. One of the students asked her if she would still be with Donald Drumpf if he was not rich. Her answer: “If I weren’t beautiful, do you think he’d be with me?”

This sounds like a couple that has a prenup along with an understanding on where both of them stand in the business relationship. I don’t think being FLOTUS (with all the inevitable exposures of his philandering) was part of that understanding, so I hope she re-negotiated before he ran for office.

15 Likes