Obnoxious jerk harrases pharmacy staff, then whines when vaccine recipient grabs his phone

Maybe he just needs a big ol’ hug. Anybody sick with COVID right now?

12 Likes

I feel like the guy getting vaccinated could have very easily taken down that twerp and they both knew it.

13 Likes

Turn Of The Century Cbc GIF by Murdoch Mysteries

6 Likes

“took my property” equals assault. Says a lot about how his mind works.

4 Likes

Yeah, I guess I knew only because as a psychologist I’ve had to deal with informed consent since the start of my career. I can forgive him not knowing. I can’t forgive him sending a facility-wide email about something he can’t be arsed to look up, particularly given all the “do your own research!” shouting from him and his ilk. In other words, when I set about sending an angry email to everyone in my chain of command, it will be clearly cited and all terms will be operationally defined in the appendix!

16 Likes

Yeah, I’ve heard it come up before along this crowd. It’s really astonishing how much time they’re willing to put into really weird legal reaches without bothering to even understand their context or relevance. It reminds me of how they’re all “don’t trust the medical establishment” when it comes to vaccines, but will hork down horse dewormer and Lupus drugs that were developed by the very same industry.

13 Likes

Yes, you are correct. It’s a goddamn roll of the dice no matter what you do, which is why these idiots get away with it. People are afraid for their jobs, other customers and staff, violence from the people who are supposed to protect them and the troll army that will destroy their lives for suggesting people act civilly. The only ones who usually suffer are their victims. And for every one of these assholes caught on camera, there are thousands of other incidents that go without notice or comment every damn day.

8 Likes

Christ, what a fucking disgusting asshole this “… notorious anti-mask crusader…” is.

6 Likes

“Obnoxious jerk”? Surely, you mean “Gentleman”.

What has become of boingboing standards?

12 Likes

Fool’s bet or bait, this. The words on his t-shirt extend no further than the selfish, jerk-face wearer.

11 Likes

I think it’s part of the clannish attitude that incorporates sportsball or car racing. Cheat to win.

6 Likes

That man was asking for a skull fracture.

Maybe, if we’re lucky, someone will damage his brain so bad he’ll become a harmless vegetable.

7 Likes

Luckier if nobody has to do that, and he just succumbs to COVID.

9 Likes

I’d rather he get cancer. Cancer isn’t contagious.

13 Likes

Be sure to set the phone to vibrate mode first. And then call it repeatedly at random intervals.

3 Likes

This exact quote is what every pharmacist should say when confronted by these idiots.
(since I imagine that their professional org. frowns on just punching them in the face until they go away)

4 Likes

“Hey Gloria, hand me the large pill crusher.”

6 Likes

suicide squad baseball bat GIF by emibob

8 Likes

There are many examples of vaccinations ridding the population of god-awful disease. Polio and smallpox being the most recent and obvious examples that I can think of, there may be others that I don’t know about. Given that these diseases literally controlled the way people lived their lives I would think a bit of education would erase doubt. Obviously it isn’t that simple. There exists a portion of the population who despise education. They not only don’t want to learn or be taught they frequently despise people who are educated. This particular idiot chose Covid19 an his arena of ignorance but he represents a far wider group of people who choose ignorance as their preferred world perception. Most of these people are easily bright enough to learn, to complete complex training or college educations but for some reason they don’t. So where are our social psychologists, our sociologists. What persuades people people to be actively ignorant? Are these people Luddites? Years ago I moved from one part of rural southern Illinois to another. I had a Masters degree of Social Work and a good job offer. I lived with my 3 sons on a small farm. Out of the clear blue one day I happened to encounter one of the extremely conservative neighbors. He politely told me that the reason everyone in the area despised me as be cause I had college degrees and worked for the state helping disabled individuals. I was sort of gobsmacked. We hadn’t been talking about anything in particular. He just took it as his christian duty to tell me. No reasoning, no explanation as to why education was bad other than I was too lazy to get a real job, or thought I was better than other people. WTF? Where does this come from. Is this the sort of life view of many of these anti-vaxxers?

14 Likes

I’ve posted this before, but I think it bears repeating. It’s a passage from Hunter S Thompson’s Hell’s Angels (1967) in which Thompson theorizes about the Angels’ world view. Thompson had just watched an Angel sell drugs to a teenager, and muses:

"…The roots of this act were not in any time-honored American myth but right beneath my feet in a new kind of society that is only beginning to take shape. To see the Hell’s Angels as caretakers of the old “individualist” tradition “that made this country great” is only a painless way to get around seeing them for what they really are–not some romantic leftover, but the first wave of a future that nothing in our history has prepared us to cope with…their lack of education has not only rendered them completely useless in a highly technical economy, but it has also given them the leisure to cultivate a powerful resentment, and to translate it into a destructive cult which the mass media insist on portraying as a sort of isolated oddity, a temporary phenomenon that will shortly become extinct[…]

Some of those lonely afternoons when you’re fighting a toothache and trying to scrape up a few dollars to pay a traffic fine and the landlord has changed the lock on your door until you pay the back rent […] it helps to believe, when the body rots start to hurt, that the pain is a small price to pay for the higher rewards of being a righteous Angel. A man who has blown all his options can’t afford the luxury of changing his ways. He can’t afford to admit–no matter how often he’s reminded of it–that every day of his life takes him farther down a blind alley…[a man] who believes he got a raw deal before he even knew who was dealing will usually be sympathetic to the mean, vindictive ignorance that colors the Hell’s Angels’ view of humanity. There is not much mental distance between a feeling of having been screwed and the ethic of total retaliation, or at least the kind of random revenge that comes with outraging the public decency."

25 Likes