Octopus attacks and kills a dolphin from within, while being eaten

I once read that octopi were historically prepared for cooking by beating them against rocks. I used to feel sorry for them, until today. :scream:

1 Like

That sure adds another dimension to that scene from Oldboy.

2 Likes

I thought it had been decided that all three plurals were cromulent?

2 Likes

Just FTR, Kraken/Octopus caricatures of greedy capitalist/industrialist conglomerates have been extensively used to de-humanise Jewish people during and before the Nazi reign in German-language use.

Personally, I thus refrain from using them.

2 Likes

Uhhh. . . . “oops.”

1 Like

No crime, just my turn to be pedantic

On second thought, I’ll just have the tuna.

1 Like

Just make your own:

http://www.staples.co.uk/outdoor-adhesive-film-labels-a4-210-x-297mm-white-pack-10/cbs/297750171.html?promoCode=&Effort_Code=WW&Find_Number=297750171&m=0&isSubscription=False

1 Like

So did SPECTRE choose the logo for this reason, or other reasons?

I’m Jewish btw (by some definitions of the word), and love the symbol of the octopus as a global conspiracy. But that’s because I believe in interdimensional octopi that control the world. They’re not Jewish, for what it’s worth.

2 Likes

There’s a good article on Strange Maps about the history of the ‘Cartographic Land Octopus’. Most of the examples they give seem to involve Russia being the octopus, for what it’s worth.

1 Like

I think you might have fun on Bruce Schneier’s blog. On Fridays, at least.

Also, Humboldt squid are a source of nightmares, but I didn’t realise they had interdimensional siblings.
Oh, well…I did… But…

1 Like

Octopoodles.

1 Like

Wait so we’re not meant to just look at bananas, we’re meant to chew them as well?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.