Odd Stuff (Part 3)

This happens to bicycles all too often too.

2 Likes

The cats and the robots are teaming up.

13 Likes

Inflatable T. Rex costumes make everything better

5 Likes

Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

6 Likes
1 Like
9 Likes
2 Likes

Darwin publican fends off crocodile with ‘an almighty smack on the nose’ using a frying pan

Publicans are just find - so long as they don’t Re.

5 Likes

Dammit, I knew it rang a bell…

Did my chopstick collection just got valuable?

11 Likes
17 Likes
2 Likes
6 Likes

And Congress springs into action.

5 Likes

Fancy restaurants serve insects. Native food now is chic.

4 Likes

A mopane worm inches into the chat.

Glad to see this, though. One of the things that delighted me about my time in South Africa was how much “bush” food was on the menus of most every restaurant, at gas stations, snack places, and so forth. Very local, and just about anything edible was available.

Mopane tasted like earthy loam, which made sense based on their diet.

1 Like
8 Likes

Flying ant is a delicacy only found in restricted areas of Brazilian southeast. I never ate it, in spite visiting the region.The odd part, at least for me, it is now part of a fancy restaurant menu. I never saw it around here.

6 Likes

had something similar in Oaxaca, MX, where my dad lives: chiquitanas are flying ants that appear only after the first big rain of the season. they are blended in to a lovely, tangy, spicy salsa that i shoveled over eggs and tortillas! that they only appear once a year means a kilo can cost several thousand pesos (means big bucks per pound)

5 Likes
1 Like

RISC OS: 35-year-old original Arm operating system is alive and well

RISC OS, the operating system of the original Arm computer, the Acorn Archimedes, is still very much alive – and doing relatively well for its age.

[…]

2 Likes