Odd Stuff (Part 5)

Diluted urine was the go-to fertilizer, along with manure on farms. Some used to have a big barrel with loads of flowers around the outside like geraniums, to cover the smell and everyone on the farm would pee there. They’d scoop it out into a watering can, and water the plants.

If you have a new compost heap, peeing on it will give it a huge leap forward.

4 Likes

8 Likes
3 Likes

I was being quite serious. My compost heap benefits from my, err, personal donations.

10 Likes

My post was primarily an affirmation with some more anecdotes :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s closing a loop on nutrient cycling in a local environment using health soil biota, man.

Sheesh. Get with the program!

Not saying that this is 100% the protocol we follow all the time, but eh uh just gonna leave this right here for Educational Purposes Only in case anyone here wants to… learn…

Entirely legit as long as one follows the directions. All the directions.
I work for a civil engineer and this book, time-tested and vetted by credentialed professionals, is so reliable we use it sometimes for some of our projects. The author has been continually refining his editions, he practices what he uh preaches, and has been retained by water-scarce countries and by the U.S. State Department as a consultant (source: he told us, in a talk given at a colloquium in central Texas).

6 Likes

Pothole season.

7 Likes

20 Likes

97d

15 Likes

The ends of all of their shoelaces, leaving them frayed and just long enough to tie.

Animation Loop GIF by The Rocket Panda

13 Likes

excellent GIF

How about one sock from every pair?

Oh wait, the dryer already did that…

:thinking:

15 Likes

But… Are we in Australia?

18 Likes

The keyrings from key sets.

Bookmarks from books.

The battery cover from the TV remote.

14 Likes

The battery cover from the TV remote.

diabolical-the-boys-1477839351

12 Likes

Go ahead, punk…

10 Likes
3 Likes

That would have made for one hell of a Jersey Mike’s commercial

2 Likes

Viz: An Unfeasibly Large Success
Released On: 09 Jul 2016
Available for 29 days
Is Viz profane rubbish or a bold rebellion?

Nick Baker charts its controversial explosion from gutter rag fanzine to national success.

Does humour have lines that can’t be crossed?

Viz was born in a Newcastle bedroom during the Thatcher years. The profanity-laced and flatulence-filled comic took Britain by storm with its taboo-shattering humour. While its blatant disregard for political correctness turned many away in disgust, its gasp-inducing gags made it one of Britain’s best-selling magazines.

Nick traces the comic back to its Geordie genesis to ask how something so shockingly vulgar ended up under the mattresses of countless teens and under the eyes of business men pretending to read the Financial Times.

Nick’s journey begins in Tyneside with the creators of Viz. Brothers Chris and Simon Donald and best friend Jim Brownlow.

With the equally loved and hated Fat Slags, Sid the Sexist and Johnny Fartpants by his side, Nick tours the Newcastle underground that served as an incubator for Viz.

The naughty and risqué content spread like wildfire in the punk scene. Soon each issue of the DIY magazine was consistently selling over a million copies.

As Nick tries to understand this rollercoaster success, he secures exclusive interviews with Viz legends Roger Mellie the Man on the Tellie and Billy the Fish, voiced by Harry Enfield.

Viz’s outrageous satire got them in trouble with everyone from the United Nations to Scotland Yard. Accusations of racism, sexism, and insensitivity were part of the daily routine at the office.

Comedians Richard Herring, Alex Lowe, Lucy Porter and Frank Skinner debate whether these boundaries should exist in the first place.

Today, sales of Viz have declined dramatically. Nick discusses its place in the pantheon of British comedy with current editors Graham Dury and Simon Thorp.

5 Likes

That’s gone through the composting process. Much safer and less disagreeable.

6 Likes

Well, I add #1 only. I wouldnt do the other

7 Likes